Power window now working

Engine and transmission questions

Power window now working

Postby slow joe » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:45 am

I havnt posted since joining, so here goes. Several little things needed attention. Power passenger window just quit working. Touch the button and absolutely nothing happens. Searched the internet and didnt find much for a van. So I did an electrical test at the switch and it was getting power when switch was activated so I figured it was the motor. Motor and track, and cables will come out as a unit. But, the track is riveted, (4) if I remember correctly. So the right size drill will remove most of the rivet, then punch the rest out with a punch. A little un-nerving because I had to hit the rivets so hard, to get them out, I was afraid I might break the glass. So unbolt the motor and track, and they come out. So I tested while out of the van and it worked just fine, so maybe it was just a loose connection? My option was a new track and motor for about $85.00 or just put the old (now working) one back in. So of course I put the old one back in. I figured if I have a problem again it would be easy second time around to change it. So far so good, it has been working for about a month. Any questions just ask, and if I dont respond call me, number should posted.
So next post will be about heater fan.
And then my adventures with the windshield washer pump.
Happy motoring,
Joe
slow joe

Re: Power window now working

Postby usachris » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:35 am

Thanks for letting us benefit from your experiences, Joe!

With our aging fleet it’s just a matter of time before we will need to search “how to fix a power window”. Among other things. :rofl:
Last edited by usachris on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
usachris
Seasoned Traveler

Postby Choptop » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 am

Yes thanks, one more thing that is good to know about. :D
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler

Postby slow joe » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:15 am

Your welcome guys, Happy to share.
slow joe

Postby lido14co » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Had to replace the driver side motor and track. Couldn’t get the pop river tool to work in the tight space so just used nuts and screws. Still working five years later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler

Return to Drivetrain