best way to get out of overhead bed

Come in and introduce yourself!
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Re: best way to get out of overhead bed

Post by lido14co »

I've put foam pipe insulation around the ladder rungs. Makes it easier on the feet. I use the face toward the rear of the van, left foot on the third rung and right foot on the couch. BTW, 6'3" and still enough room in the 92.

Cliff
Travelisaverb
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by Travelisaverb »

I found a way that is more comfortable (for me) to get down, as the wood side panel on the drawer digs into my thighs. I scooch to the very edge of the bed laying parallel (on my stomach) and drop my leg over while I use the cabinet to brace myself, and step on the couch. Don't use the ladder for getting down anymore, just up.

I'm 5' 9, but kinda round, and always found getting down harder that going up. Considered attaching a knotted rope to the underside of the bed at the front of the bed to use to balance and weight counter balance to make using the ladder easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VT964x4
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Post by VT964x4 »

This really is a fun thread. All the images of us trying to sort out how to get in and out of bed has me laughing out loud, some sort of weird gymnastics we are all engaged in complete with knotted rope! Still thinking about that idea of a sliding bannister for the way down... Necessity certainly is the mother of invention :lol:
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 16771

Post by nvestysly »

VT964x4 wrote:This really is a fun thread. All the images of us trying to sort out how to get in and out of bed has me laughing out loud, some sort of weird gymnastics we are all engaged in complete with knotted rope! Still thinking about that idea of a sliding bannister for the way down... Necessity certainly is the mother of invention :lol:
I hadn't really thought about the humor in some of the descriptions. I've not slept in the bunk but my wife has and she definitely finds it difficult to get out.

For those of you who have unusual methods of entry and exit.... Please post pictures! Maybe even a short video. LOL!
We sold our 1998 B190, V-10
Currently own a 2010 Airstream Interstate