Come in and introduce yourself!
EdwardM
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993
WBCCI: 0

New members in Michigan

Post by EdwardM »

Hi everyone,

my wife and I have just bought our first camper, and it's a '93 from another member on this site. We've just got it out of storage, and we're going on a couple of trips this summer.

We bought this our b190 as we plan on driving down to South America at the start of next year, and this van was perfect for us. We have been reading all the posts with interest. We plan on doing some conversions to the van ourselves, so no doubt we'll be asking for help every now and again!

Edd and Melissa.
me melissa and the van.jpg
me melissa and the van.jpg (200.52 KiB) Viewed 9600 times
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Re: New members in Michigan

Post by lido14co »

Congrats! Have a blast on your journey south. We're in our 92 in Nebraska on our way from Cali to enjoy a few weeks around Lake Michigan. Happy 4th

Cliff
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Tucsonan »

Welcome to the club!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
EdwardM
Weekend Camper

Post by EdwardM »

Thanks, this page has a lot of really useful information. We'll be modifying our van to make it easier for boondocking, as we plan to do this as much as possible. We'll be sure to post pics after each job. Looking on Amazon at solar panels now!

Thanks, hope you had a nice 4th as well! It was my first (I'm from the UK), but we saw plenty of fireworks up here in Michigan :D
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0

Post by 190-b-651 »

Sounds like a great trip you may want to also look at some golf cart battery's under the bed modification the two i have will run all lighting and fans furnace and tv about four days with one solar panel charging. I probably could have gone longer but it was time to go. Have fun i love my 93.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
EdwardM
Weekend Camper

Post by EdwardM »

Thanks, we are really looking forward to the trip. Just got the solar panels in the mail, and we're gonna install them next week. We've already swapped out the AC for a second fantastic vent, and removed the generator for storage for an outside stove (which will run off the van propane).

I've been looking at batteries, and I'd like to get golf cart, its just the price at the moment, although i think they would be worth it. I will end up moving the house battery location to under the dinette (ex-couch), as that's next to where the controller and inverter will be. Either way, I will wait until the last moment to order the batteries, as I don't want them to sit around doing nothing. We wont get a chance to start our trip until December, as we still have to quit our jobs and sell furniture, etc. So we have time to do internal work like batteries.

Edd.
Leigh
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0

Post by Leigh »

Sweet, looks like a nice rig. Would be interested in price paid / condition / any issues. I am shopping for one. I am a real estate appraiser. Always checking the market. Thank you, Leigh.