Windows leaking

Maintenance of the body of the camper
droadrunner
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Windows leaking

Post by droadrunner »

I ordered 21 ft of each size of the black window molding for all the slider windows from Interstate RV Metal and Supply in OR. The product is absolute crap! Part #'s are 009-842 and 009-344. It is CHEAP vinyl, will not allow curvature at the window corners without severe bulging and gaping. It is so bad that caulking the corners doesn't even look like a viable option. I am ripping out the new and replacing it with the old. A $100 mistake. I'll make you one heck of a deal on the remaining molding if you wish to try your luck with it!
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Windows leaking

Post by Planck »

I used the same parts with very little problem(disclaimer- I ordered the part nos. listed on our forum thread and assume they are the same ones you ordered). Helps to have them pretty warm and soaped up. I did have one slight kink at a corner. You have to stretch it some in the corners. Those don't directly prevent water leaks. They help press the glass against the butyl sealant. I used the thicker butyl to make up for the flat glass and the slightly curved fiberglass that the glass attaches to. Drove through a very heavy rainstorm on the way to FL 3 weeks ago and no leaks.