Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
liferiders
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Qest Fittings

Post by liferiders »

Fellow enthusiasts,

Where can I find QEST fittings and pipes? I looked on the internet, but not much luck. Can you refer me to some good sources? Price is not a concern. Again, Is it QEST or Quest? Please help. Is there a part number for these fittings used in B190s? I need the pipe hoses, black elbow fittings (90 degree) etc. If Quest fittings are so difficult to find, is there any other brand I can use? I took my B190 to a local RV shop, and they adviced me to get all the plumbing lines changed to the new type of flexi hoses used in most of the RVs these days. Has anyone done that so? If so, the pros and cons?
Thank you in advance.
"A Good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving"
“Don’t measure a man’s wealth by the size of his bank account, but instead look at the distance he travelled”
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Qest Fittings

Post by skater »

liferiders wrote:Fellow enthusiasts,

Where can I find QEST fittings and pipes? I looked on the internet, but not much luck. Can you refer me to some good sources? Price is not a concern. Again, Is it QEST or Quest? Please help. Is there a part number for these fittings used in B190s? I need the pipe hoses, black elbow fittings (90 degree) etc. If Quest fittings are so difficult to find, is there any other brand I can use? I took my B190 to a local RV shop, and they adviced me to get all the plumbing lines changed to the new type of flexi hoses used in most of the RVs these days. Has anyone done that so? If so, the pros and cons?
Thank you in advance.
No real con other than the expense. The pro is that parts are available for it (and your leak would be fixed, of course). If you plan to keep the camper a while, I'd seriously consider doing it. Polybutylene pipe has a tendency to fail from the inside; apparently chlorine attacks it. I don't think it'd even be that expensive for the B190 - the only tricky part would be the connections for the shower, I think.

Lowe's used to sell the fittings. A quick search turned up this, which sells them. I saw a few others by searching on "qest fittings" in Google.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit