Smelly Water

Keep the water inside the pipes, tanks, and sinks
Eamonn McG
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

Smelly Water

Post by Eamonn McG »

Has anyone had any issues with the water coming out a little weird smelling / tasting? I have the filter for potable water supply and bought it new this year, but i notice that for some reason my water comes out of the faucet smelling like pumpkin guts. ( I know its crazy sounding but 2 other people said the same thing without me mentioning it to them. ) Does anyone know the easiest way to clean out the holding tank and get rid of this smell?
weekender
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: Smelly Water

Post by weekender »

Water stored in the tank has to be treated-- there are usually several options available from walmart or your local dealer. If you have the smell already, I would suggest filling the tank, mixing in a few ounces of bleach. Drain the tank, both with the drain valve, and thru all faucets-- repeat, then rinse several times to get the bleach smell and taste out. After flushing, always treat the water you put in (including filling using a fresh water hose only-- they are usually white in color)
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Re: Smelly Water

Post by Alaskan »

And....if you open the two side-doors and take a look under the edge of the cabinet...you'll see a drain that drops the water out of that big ole white 24-gallon water tank.

As weekender mentioned...using an RV white hose will help to reduce that garden hose taste in your water.