List your B190 and related items here
Saprophyte
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

Nice custom 1996 B190 on auction

Post by Saprophyte »

I'm selling my B190!
I listed it last year but I couldn't sell it because of an electrical problem. It's all better now and ready to roll.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191883481909

1996 Airstream B-190
Well finished and insulated birch floor.
Renovated bedroom area, with plenty of insulation.
Custom couch and table. Both more functional and tidy than original.
No leaks.
122k miles.
VIN: 1FDJS34G1THA11453

INTRODUCTION
This is a lovingly maintained and renovated 1996 Airstream B190 Class B Motor home on a Ford E-350 van body. It's a tiny house inside a van. This motorhome is safe, livable, and ready to drive across the country. All appliances work.

I've spent hundreds of hours fixing it up. I'm a mechanical engineer and I've taken very good care of this motorhome. I love this camper but it's time to let someone else adventure with it. Custom woodwork includes a finished birch plywood floor and a custom over-cab bed area. I added extensive thermal insulation to the walls, floor and sealing for New England winters, but it's good to have that insulation for running the AC as well. This RV is ready to roll in hot or cold, rain or shine. It's currently registered and inspected. I drive it at least once a week to keep it in good working order.

It has rear wheel drive, but still handles well enough in snow. It gets 10-12 mpg on the highway. Better gas mileage than most houses, and it's got power to spare.

COACH FEATURES:

2800 kW Onan gasoline electric generator. Engine oil, air filter, and fuel filter recently changed. 130 hours on the meter.

Custom adjustable table with it's own storage rack under the couch. The table has a special armature I created for it so can it be adjusted to sitting or standing height. It can also rotate out of the way so you can walk past. These motorhomes originally had no good way to store the table, so I made a custom rack for it under the couch too. See photos on this site, and
EVEN MORE PHOTOS HERE: https://postimg.org/gallery/1yydugtxm/

Rooftop Air Conditioner works well and has an electric heater mode too.

3-way fridge, currently only works on 110V power. I haven't had time to fix the propane or 12v modes.

3-burner propane stove and oven works

6-gallon propane water heater works.

8ft retractable awning

Fan-Tastic roof vent fan with rain cover. The roof vent can be left open without allowing rain inside. The fan works well and it's controlled by a thermostat.

20 gallon each fresh water, grey water and black water holding tanks.

Microwave.

Flush toilet.

Shower.

Fold-out bed/couch with cargo space below. I built a custom frame to make the under-couch area more useful, see photos.

Full size bed space above the cab, extends to queen size.

PUR tap water filter.

VAN FEATURES:

FORD 460 EFI V8 engine
4OD 4-Speed automatic transmission with overdrive.

Added Hellwig rear anti-sway bar to improve ride stability.

Tow package. 2" hitch receiver and trailer brake controller.

EXTRAS INCLUDED:

Complete original owners manuals for all appliances.

Chilton's Ford Van Repair Manual.

All my digital photos showing the renovation process.

Lightly used Rhinoflex 10ft waste water dump hose, and a new (still in box) 10ft extension hose to fit.

20ft of potable water hose and associated fittings.

Adapters for 30A/15A shore electricity.

Extend-a-stay adapter for an external propane tank.

Cargo carrier for the trailer hitch receiver.

Triple ball trailer hitch.

7-round connector for trailer electrical hookup with adapters for 4-flat and 5-flat.

Full size spare tire. It's old, but it will get you home or to a tire shop if you need it.

REPAIR AND RENOVATION HISTORY:
(See my posts on b190.com forum for photos of the renovation work when it was in progress. All that work is finished now.)

Front brake pads, shocks, and ball joints replaced in Fall 2013

Gutted and rebuilt over-cab bed area in the winter of 2013/14. There was water damage but all the damaged areas have been replaced. There are no more leaks.

Rear sway bar added in the spring of 2014.

Replaced and insulated the floor of the living area in fall 2014. I Also de-rusted and repainted on-board propane tank.

Repainted the plastic interior covers for all six doors 2015.

Flushed engine coolant system May 2015.

Regular oil changes every year / 3000 miles, using full synthetic every time since I bought it in 2013.

Patched, caulked and repainted the shower area in fall 2015.

Replaced the 30A shore power cord in fall 2015.

There was a rust hole in the back-left quarter panel, just behind the rear wheel. It was repaired by a professional with sheet metal and painted to match in the winter of 2015/16.

New deep cycle coach battery installed May 2016

KNOWN ISSUES:

Small rust hole in the front bumper.

The rear bumper has some damage to the plastic trim.

The rubber around the windows up top is old and cracked in places, but there are no leaks when it rains. Some of the blue vinyl trim around the fiberglass top section is cracked. These are strictly cosmetic issues.

The plastic panel and trim around the interior side of the Fan-Tastic roof vent is cracked.

DISCLAIMER:
This motorhome is being sold as-is. I, the seller, offer no warranty of any kind.