SOLD. For Sale: 1997 B190 Airstream 39,600 miles

List your B190 and related items here
JoryC
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

SOLD. For Sale: 1997 B190 Airstream 39,600 miles

Post by JoryC »

SOLD.

I purchased this B190 with the intent of fixing it up and using it for years to come. Plans have changed and I am now putting it up for sale. This unit only has 39,600 miles. I am currently driving it locally so it may go up a little bit.

I wanted to get this ad up today to get some interest flowing. I'm sure I forgot some things as well as interior images. Those will be coming soon.

Ford VIN: 1FDJS34S6VHA27221
Airstream VIN: 1B9KGVA24VJ301204

I purchased the van from a friend who was selling it for her father. His health had degraded to the point where the van sat for awhile.
In the time I have had it I did the following:
-Upper/Lower intake manifold gaskets
-New spark plugs
-1 new coil
-New coil boots
-New upper radiator hose
-4 Brand new 10 ply AT tires (Stock Size) (Super Quiet but with Excellent Traction)
-4 new Bilstein HD shocks (Huge improvement)
-New Helwig Rear Anti Sway Bar (Huge improvement)
-New custom built (Built by Alaskan on this forum) 2" riser blocks/u bolts for the rear suspension. The images I am posting today do not show the lift in place. Raining here so those images will come later. (What an amazing addition. Raises all of the rear plumbing and boxes 2" higher)
-This will come with 4 new aftermarket (OEM Style) wheel covers as the original Ford covers seem to be brittle.
-I have replaced most of the bulbs inside with LED bulbs for efficiency. (The two lights over the couch are missing the plastic lenses but the lights work well)
-New carburetor for the Onan generator. (The generator only has 10 hours on it but it sat for a long time and would not start. I installed the new carb and it fired right up. It starts and runs beautifully but bogs down when I start the Roof AC or Microwave. Some have suggested adjusting the governor but I don't have an Onan dealer close by or the time to play with it so I will leave that up to the new owner)
-The weather is colder now here in Arkansas and the van fuel pump is having a hard time priming the system making it hard to start. I have ordered a new in tank fuel pump and it will be installed this weekend. (These seem to be a weak spot on Fords and dropping the tank is a big job. This B190 will have a new one)
-I am going through the plumbing and replacing suspect line with new Pex tubing and brass fittings. It has a new kitchen faucet and I will be putting in a Shurflo water pump rebuild kit as the water pressure is a bit low.

Hooked up to shore power all systems function as they should. The gas furnace works extremely well. The Roof AC blows cold and the Heat strip works well. The oven and stove work and the refrigerator works as it should.

It is missing the original brake controller that was mounted above the rear view mirror. The wires are still there if you wanted to add a brake controller.

At some point laminate wood planks were installed in the back. The carpet in the front is in ok condition. The 2pc mattress up top is in good condition and it looks like the owner had them covered in a protective cloth. Can be recovered with new cloth. The van has full curtains but they are old. Still strong but faded.

In one of the images you will notice the side storage box has been removed. This will make the removal of the gas tank/fuel pump install so much easier. I will re-install the box with bolts to make future removal super easy. This will give you direct access to the underside of the Generator for easy oil changes and removal.

Will post more as I think of it.

I am entertaining all offers over $10,000.

I will upload more images at: https://imgur.com/a/2RTEG when the rain stops.

Thank you.
Jory Castleberg
Please feel free to call me directly with any questions. If I don't answer please leave a voicemail with a good contact number.
501-691-4582 (call or text)
B190 1 3.JPG
B190 1 3.JPG (171 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
B190 3 1.JPG
B190 3 1.JPG (167.53 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
B190 2 2.JPG
B190 2 2.JPG (143.23 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
Last edited by JoryC on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: For Sale: 1997 B190 Airstream 39,600 miles

Post by skater »

Please post the Ford VIN. (If you wouldn't mind, please also post the Airstream VIN...but the Ford VIN is required by the site rules.)

Thanks.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
JoryC
B190 Year: 1997
WBCCI: 0

Re: For Sale: 1997 B190 Airstream 39,600 miles

Post by JoryC »

Thanks Skater.
Posted VIN's in the ad.
Cheers