Condensation under passenger side floor mat

Make it comfortable inside
SeaQuinn
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Condensation under passenger side floor mat

Post by SeaQuinn »

Howdy :) As you all know, the floor on the passenger side can get pretty toasty while cruising. Recently, with the cooler weather, it seems that when we reach our destination, open up the windows and settle down, I get condensation under the floor mat and the carpet gets pretty wet. It's not a leak as we haven't had rain in weeks. Anybody else experience this and thoughts on a solution? I have Husky floor liner mats and the driver side is bone dry. :?:
BOBandDEB
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Condensation under passenger side floor mat

Post by BOBandDEB »

It could be condensation from the AC/Heater pendulum. We have the same problem. My wife just sticks a towel up there, and it catches the moisture before it can get to the carpet. I need to find out way the drain is not functioning,
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I'm not sure where the heater core is in these, but is the coolant level okay? I'd make sure it's not a coolant leak just to be safe.

But assuming it's not that, as BOBandDEB said, it should be draining out the normal tube. It's probably blocked somewhere.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

I have the same issue but on the drivers side. Can't figure out where it's coming from but it dries up pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

My engine air has never worked, and I don't have a condensation problem. Related"

Ref. hot passenger footwell - I would feel around the edge of the engine cover to make sure the rubber gasket is sealing properly. If not, buy some foam insulating strips and stuff along the gap. Makes it quieter too.