My Table Solution

Make it comfortable inside
micabarry
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

My Table Solution

Post by micabarry »

My rig came with a table that looked hardly used, probably because it is hard to use, at least in my opinion. I thought about creating a dinette where the couch is but like the couch and the extra sleeping arrangement. We seemed to eat many meals on the fold down middle section so I thought I would expand upon that idea by creating a table that attached to the existing pedestal arrangement and connected to the indentations in the fold down middle section. Turns out that the height of the pedestal and the middle section are about the same so it simply meant transferring the pedestal hardware from the bottom of the stock table to a piece of table top I happened to have and creating cleats that fit snuggly into the indentations. Turns out it also stores quite nicely on top of the generator cover under the bed. Hopefully the pics will make it to this post. Disadvantage is that you have to sit facing the aisle and turn to use the table but we had been used to eating with plates in our lap anyway so it works for us. Cost was right-$0. Hope it helps someone.
Attachments
tablein place (640x480).jpg
tablein place (640x480).jpg (180.77 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
table storage 1 (640x480).jpg
table storage 1 (640x480).jpg (166.54 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
table bottom.jpg
table bottom.jpg (228.2 KiB) Viewed 8731 times
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: My Table Solution

Post by Kentuckian »

Thank you for the detailed post. I have contemplated doing the same thing. So its good to know that it works for you. Nice job!
1993 Airstream B190
baggydew
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Post by baggydew »

I cut a thin piece of indoor finish plywood to the dimensions of the stovetop for added counter space. Rounded the outside edge.
Stained and finished it the color of the cabinets and coated it with several layers of polyurethane. When I cook I just lift it up against the back of the stove and use a clip on the exhaust hood to hold it in place. Or, If I need a table, I take off the stove cover, rotate it 90 degrees and it fits snugly on the flip down center console on the couch. Makes a fine table and you don't have to store it anyplace. It just rides on the stove unless we are cooking.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Nice idea, will to look into that, thanks for sharing.
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

baggydew wrote:I cut a thin piece of indoor finish plywood to the dimensions of the stovetop for added counter space. Rounded the outside edge.
Stained and finished it the color of the cabinets and coated it with several layers of polyurethane. When I cook I just lift it up against the back of the stove and use a clip on the exhaust hood to hold it in place. Or, If I need a table, I take off the stove cover, rotate it 90 degrees and it fits snugly on the flip down center console on the couch. Makes a fine table and you don't have to store it anyplace. It just rides on the stove unless we are cooking.
Do you have a picture of this great idea? I like the versatility of extra counter top but, added table without having to store it. Love the ideas.
baggydew
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Post by baggydew »

I sent the pictures to the Gallery, Page 2, under Baggydew's camper
The size is cut to 25 3/4" X 20 1/8"
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Looks like a great mod !!
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

baggydew wrote:I sent the pictures to the Gallery, Page 2, under Baggydew's camper
The size is cut to 25 3/4" X 20 1/8"
That table top could work! and, now that I put a backsplash on my sink area I think I am going to change it out after seeing your aluminum sheet on the back of sink area. That was the look I was going for and did not pick the right backsplash. Oh, well...