How to Remove Fridge Vent Panel?

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Marko Polo
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

How to Remove Fridge Vent Panel?

Post by Marko Polo »

Anybody know how to remove the fridge Vent Panel?

I took the 16 screws out and its glued pretty solid. Should I use a heat gun? Do I glue it again after I replace it?

Thanks y'all! Happy Trails!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: How to Remove Fridge Vent Panel?

Post by Kentuckian »

I used a sharp edged putty knife to cut through the adhesive to remove the panel. I removed the panel to clean and reseal the cabinet during my replacement of my fridge. I do recommend that you apply a sealant when you reinstall it just to keep rain from running into the compartment by slipping under the edges of the panel. Good luck. As I remember it that adhesive is rock hard!

By the way, I am talking about the upper refrigerator vent panel on my '93. I have never needed to remove the lower fridge vent panel.
1993 Airstream B190
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Re: How to Remove Fridge Vent Panel?

Post by slapthecat »

Lower would be about the same. A little tougher to remove though because of all the adhesive they used in the corners (needed to take that out when I did my fridge replacement)
For re-installation re-sealing, I used ProflexRV sealant for the inside seal (real easy to worth with!), and butyl tape around the lip of the cover on the outside seal.