Sell? Or part out?

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
Lil thunder
B190 Year: 91
WBCCI: 0

Sell? Or part out?

Post by Lil thunder »

:?: I'm thinking of revising our traveling plans, and possibly downsizing even smaller than a class B . I have a 1991 a Airstream class B, 81k miles, but heavily modified to fit my wife and myself. Basically I rebuilt it to be a desert boondocker. No sofa, futon mattress on plywood platform, 19" tv on swivel stand, top front is storage area, generator ripped out for solar batteries, etc. I've replaced 1 fuel tank, POR-15ed the front tank, new pressure regulator, 3 new pumps, (2 in tank, 1 rail).
Replaced transmission, with 4000 miles on it. New top front glass just replaced.
It has a very unique paint job, painted to resemble a WW2 bomber , silver ( it's an airstream!) with stars and bars aircraft insignia, nose art, tail numbers(our anniversary 111982)
Even some fake bullet holes. I've put well over 10,000 dollars into it, including tires(800$).
I've put 11,000 miles on it. It's not for everybody, not a typical B190 for sure!
Less than a month ago , I had a stupid heart attack, to go along with a degenerating spine and neck, so our plans have been drastically altered. I'm wondering if it would be better to sell as is( it's got some engine issues, but ran fine today for 30+minutes...)or should I part it out? Is there a market for parts enough to justify. Ripping it apart? Anyone have any insights or advice? It still has potential , I'm just not able to work on it anymore, and being disabled , don't have the bucks to send it to the shop. Feeling screwed in north Florida!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Sell? Or part out?

Post by skater »

I'd try to sell it first. Parting it out requires a lot of work, and I'm not sure if there's enough market for it.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Re: Sell? Or part out?

Post by jb1rd73 »

I'm with Skater, post it over here and on www.ExpeditionPortal.com in the for sale section. Someone will scoop it up there are not that many of these to begin with and parting out is a PIA and you are looking at a very narrow market. On the other hand I am sure I can safe speak for the group and say "what a bummer" and good luck. Post pics the good and the bad (esp the bad most of us just want to know what we are getting into :) and a VIN number and she should be sold in no time. Cheers,
Jason