Water Damage

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
johnandbrenda
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Water Damage

Post by johnandbrenda »

Can you reseal the upper windows in the raised fiberglass roof cap on a B190 to prevent a small leak from getting worse and causing any water damage.
Last edited by johnandbrenda on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DavidP
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Water damage

Post by DavidP »

My B is my third motorhome. The 79 c class was the worst. Owning these things has seem to be a lesson in repairs. I am a transmission tech by trade but fortunately for me I am a quick study and have made all the repairs over the years myself. Our local rv dealer helped with technique and rv products, and Low's for the lumber. Paying someone for the repairs would have put me in the poor farm. b190.com has been an absolute blessing in "how to" information. The interior of the b is simple to disassemble with a Philips screwdriver. You have to just remove one part at a time until you find the end. From what you are describing of the damage, I would be looking at the left and right windows in the bunk. Both the butyl seal and the sealing of the glass in the frame. The rear leak might be from the third brake light or the shower fan. There are topics on different repairs and pics in the gallery of some step by step repairs. I did keystone's "Bathroom rehab" and it came out pretty good. I am going to do all my windows this winter. Maybe I could post some step by step instructions on them including the glazing. Good luck with the B and I hope there isn't too much damage.