New Owners--need some help

New to camping and have questions? Wondering what the switch in the control panel does? Post your questions here and we'll (try) to answer them.
oversixty
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

New Owners--need some help

Post by oversixty »

Hi, Everybody.
Well, we have dewinterized our B190 and plan to finally go somewhere in it. I have two questions: First, it didn't come with a sewer hose. What type should we buy and is it supposed to fit in the little storage compartment in the back? Second, we can't get the hot water heater to light. When we turn on the switch, we hear clicking for a while but that is it. Any ideas? I have been reading the forums all day, but haven't found answers to these questions. Thanks for any help you can provide. Your website is wonderful!
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0

Re: New Owners--need some help

Post by 190-b-651 »

The sewer hose will fit if its the original but the one that came with my 93 fits but I purchased a new one with fittings on both ends unlike the original.
The water heater sounds like the striker is working thats the clicking sound. If its been sitting a while you could have air in the lines. With the switch off crack the propane line with a wrench make sure the propane is on at the tank you should smell the the propane when it reaches the hot water heater re-tighten the fitting check for leaks with a spray bottle and soapy water.
Try the hot water switch again when it lights you'll know it sounds like a rocket take off good luck.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
hahacker96
B190 Year: 1990

Post by hahacker96 »

I presume you have a black sewer pipe to drain the tanks? If so, you'll need to buy an adapter for any new hose that you buy. Within the last 20 years the fittings changed & new hoses are a little too small in diameter to fit on the black sewer pipes.
I ran into this problem my first time trying to empty the tanks. I thought everything was universal, but found out about the change while on the road - rookie mistake. Let the RV dealer know you have an older black sewer pipe & need a white adapter. These were the words that ripped off my savior at an RV dealer in Alberta, Canada. Good luck!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
hahacker96
B190 Year: 1990

Post by hahacker96 »

hahacker96 wrote:I presume you have a black sewer pipe to drain the tanks? If so, you'll need to buy an adapter for any new hose that you buy. Within the last 20 years the fittings changed & new hoses are a little too small in diameter to fit on the black sewer pipes.
I ran into this problem my first time trying to empty the tanks. I thought everything was universal, but found out about the change while on the road - rookie mistake. Let the RV dealer know you have an older black sewer pipe & need a white adapter. These were the words that ripped off my savior at an RV dealer in Alberta, Canada. Good luck!

*tipped off, not ripped off. Auto-correct.

oversixty
B190 Year: 1992

Post by oversixty »

Thanks for the info!
DavidP
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Post by DavidP »

The hot water heater is usually very dependable. I would check the wire connections. Simply unplug and plug them in. A very little corrosion can keep the igniter/flames sensor from working.