generators

2800 MicroLite by Onan
jeffreyd426

generators

Post by jeffreyd426 »

Does anyone know how the fuel pump works on our microlite generators? Mine is not getting fuel to the carb. I checked the fuel line, and there is fuel getting to the fuel filter, but no pressure to get to the carb. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Jeff
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Jeff....scan down in this other forum posting for the pictures....the fuel pump is inside the generator...

Click here----> http://b190.com/modules.php?name=Forums ... opic&t=540

BTW...there are two fuses..depending on the year either glass fuses or the new plastic type, one is for the fuel pump....look here:
Click here----> http://b190.com/modules.php?name=Forums ... opic&t=209

Also, keep in mind that if the fuel tank is below about a 1/4 it will not allow fuel to the generator..

This is what I would do, being very very careful.....you can disconnect the fuel line at the output side of the fuel filter, (inside the generators access cover) install a short section of hose securely to a small container and touch the Start switch briefly to see if there is fuel pressure from the pump and through the filter
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

I had a frustrating generator fuel pump problem several years ago. I studied and studied the writing diagram, trying to isolate the problem. Turns out the fuse holder was defective, so even with a good fuse in it, current would not go through. I new $1 fuse holder solved the problem.
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

yes.....be sure to check that also, especially if your generator has the glass fuses
jeffreyd426

Post by jeffreyd426 »

Many thanks to Alaskan, and Planck for responding to my generator problem! It was the glass fuse holder that was bad. What a relief!
Alaskan
Site Admin

Post by Alaskan »

I've only seen that once before....easy non-costly fix
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Keystone »

I'm trying to locate my 5-Amp generator fuel pump fuse. My unit looks like the generator in Alaskan's first fuse photo, except that the writing that says, "5 Amp fuse" isn't there--nor is the fuse or fuse holder.
It does say, "AC Circuit Breaker", and has the same arrow. I definitely don't have the fuses behind the plastic screws as in the second photo, because no plastic screws. So, where might my pump fuse be?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Keystone wrote:I'm trying to locate my 5-Amp generator fuel pump fuse. My unit looks like the generator in Alaskan's first fuse photo, except that the writing that says, "5 Amp fuse" isn't there--nor is the fuse or fuse holder.
It does say, "AC Circuit Breaker", and has the same arrow. I definitely don't have the fuses behind the plastic screws as in the second photo, because no plastic screws. So, where might my pump fuse be?
I believe newer ones have a circuit breaker instead of a fuse for that job. My new one looks more like what you describe. Can you check the circuit breaker? My memory is hazy but I think it's on the side of that box?
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit