Knoebels campground - Elysburg, PA

Great places to stay, bad places to stay, offering courtesy parking? Let us know
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Knoebels campground - Elysburg, PA

Post by skater »

Knoebels is an amusement park in central Pennsylvania. It's quite unlike most amusement parks - it's free parking, free admission; pay as you go on the rides (though they do offer hand stamps if you're going to ride a lot).

They have a campground there that's kind of minimalist:
--The sites are small
--Only electricity is offered (30 amp), there are no sites with water or sewer

However, when my awning collapsed and we needed a drill to remove the rivets to pull apart the rest of the awning... it was amazing. I went to the office and explained the situation (this was 9:30 or so at night). They called the central dispatching for me. I walked back to the camper, then went into the bathroom ... and by the time I was done the maintenance guy was there and had already drilled one rivet out (my parents were there and could show him what needed to be done - he didn't just go randomly drilling out rivets ;) ).

In short they definitely take care of the campers there. I was very impressed with their service.

This isn't a campground you'd go to just to hang out for the weekend; if you're camping there it's because you want to spend time in the amusement park. But if you are going to Knoebels definitely consider staying at their campground. (Book early - I think they fill up many weekends during the summer.)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit