Trailer Wiring, No Power,Fuses?

Electrical issues, both 12 volt and 120 volt
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Trailer Wiring, No Power,Fuses?

Post by jb1rd73 »

I bought a trailer today and found out that I have no power coming into what looks to be a factory round plug in,(not sure if it is 6 or 7 pole) how do I check the wiring, trace down fuses, is it fused? I am electrically illiterate, well pretty much mechanically challenged but I'm trying :) Not sure what to do, next, we used a tester light to find that there was no power to the plug. HEEEEEEEELP
Mgittrich
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Re: Trailer Wiring, No Power,Fuses?

Post by Mgittrich »

I stumbled across this diagram once and decided to save it just in case I needed it.
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.84 KiB) Viewed 4687 times
It may help you. To test you will need a test light or multimeter. You simply need to tur the ignition to the on position and start cycling through turn signals, brake, lights, etc to determine what's working.

Good luck.

Mike
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Trailer Wiring, No Power,Fuses?

Post by jb1rd73 »

My neighbors dad came and helped me suss things out and thus far I at least have lights and signals, need to address the trailer brakes but should be able to get them figured out shortly, its appears that there are 2 wires that came undone on the driver side front axle. Crossing my fingers that it is as simple as that 8O