Winegard(sp?) anttenae booster

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Winegard(sp?) anttenae booster

Post by Planck »

Just a heads up on the antennae device next to the microwave/ac switch. I replaced this unit several years ago as it was not working. It quit working again so I removed the panel in the upper closet that shields all of the wiring and antennae wires. There was corrosion on the printed circuit board. Also, I wanted to put a 2nd cable jack for the outside cable hookup, as it was done by Airstream through a splitter with both the roof and cable wires going into one side and a short wire coming out the other side into the circuit board. The red led light was not working. I was able to repair the circuit board by putting in a jumper wire through the corroded section(saved $42). But, the root cause of the corrosion has been water leaking down the roof antennae cable onto and past the splitter onto the circuit board. Not sure all B190s are like mine, but the roof cable just goes through a hole sealed by caulk. This had worn away and the wire was loose. This wire is right next to the roof vent for the sink and whatever, so little room for a nice setup like the Wineguard stainless plate with a sealed jack, so I resealed the connection. I also installed a separate jack for the cable, thus eliminating the splitter, which Winegard says not to do as it runs power to not only the roof anntenae but also the exterior cable jack. I could never get cable tv to work using that jack, so had to run a cable through a window.
Phil