Electric Space Heater Suggestions

Refrigerator, stove, furnace, water pump, air conditioner, microwave, water heater, fans, lighting
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0

Electric Space Heater Suggestions

Post by Oldbagpipe »

From a thread I just started in 'General Discussion', I have come up with a need for some recommendations. We just completed our first 'cold-weather' trip and ended up running short of propane. We were with friends and one had an electric heater (we had hook ups), we were able to borrow. However, in this 'learning experience' we need to get our own little electric heater to store in our 'rolling condo'. I've just made my first trip through Amazon, looking at some, and wonder if anybody out there has something that they are happy with. Dr. Infrared (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015D ... d_i=510182) has a nice one, at least as far as size and BTUs are concerned, but some of the reviews aren't the best.
Chickengrease
B190 Year: 0

Re: Electric Space Heater Suggestions

Post by Chickengrease »

We use something similar to this...

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Broan-Big-H ... /202919925

on really cold nights, or for a back up. It's nice because it gets shoved under couch and probably bounces around a bit, but still works
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

I picked up a Mr. Heater and a case of those little propane canisters but have not had opportunity tp use it yet. I watched a video yesterday about the Olympian wave 3 Catalytic heater, no fan, radiates heat, a bit on the pricy side but...
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Choptop wrote:I picked up a Mr. Heater and a case of those little propane canisters but have not had opportunity tp use it yet. I watched a video yesterday about the Olympian wave 3 Catalytic heater, no fan, radiates heat, a bit on the pricy side but...
Be extremely careful with propane indoors. Those things usually say "indoor use!" on the package in large text, but in a smaller font, they usually say something along the lines of "garages only!", or something like that. Also, catalytic heaters require a source of fresh air, best to crack a window when you're using it.

For electric: Note that all electric heaters have essentially the same power capability. The only real difference is in how they circulate air.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit