Stabilizer Bars

Tires, shocks, sway bars, air bags... What crosswind?
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Re: Stabilizer Bars

Post by Tucsonan »

skater wrote:
Newkirk407 wrote:Thanks for the post! I'm new to the site and this is exactly why I wanted to join. Our B is exactly what we were looking for minus the feeling of death once we hit 55. If a Semi passes us, it's like being on a small boat on the ocean. The PO told us he had new bushings and sway bar put on, but I'm yet to see a rear sway on it. We use our B to pull our small(8x5) enclosed motocross trailer to and from races as well as camp whenever we can. New tires, a very close look at the suspension and a rear anti-sway bar are in the near future.
I'd add to what Tucsonan said - make sure the steering box is tight. Loose steering will send you all over the road! (I don't know anything about doing this - my shop adjusted it for me, and the difference was definitely noticeable.)
I have been told that there is an adjustment bolt on top of the box, ...been meaning to try it.
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
mtodd54
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by mtodd54 »

Lots of good reading on this thread, but not much recently added. I'm wondering if this is still the way to go for Shocks and Stabilizers, or if anyone has any newer input? (Bilstein shocks and the Helwig sway bar). My b currently floats down the road like a cloud.... i'd like to feel a little more connected to the road.
highanglehalo
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Post by highanglehalo »

It seems the price of the sway bars have increased quite a bit since the OP.