Gas pressure regulator and tune

Can't go anywhere without a working drivetrain
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Gas pressure regulator and tune

Post by Choptop »

After the maiden voyage problem and the thought that it might be related to the Gas pressure regulator I decided to give it a tune up also. Got 6 plugs out and 5 in and decided to give the plugs a stay till another day, the six I got out were all good looking but worn, average a gap of 52, electrode looked worn down, set new ones at 45, were Motorcraft, looked like they had been in their awhile. Wires looked good, Motorcraft as well, numbered wires.
Removed the air box and mount to get to distributer cap and rotor, Motorcraft also , looked used but ok. I do believe Motorcraft was stock on these vehicles, at 78,000 do you think they are original ?
I am staring at the radiator thermostat, should I replace it while I have her open ?
Serpentine belt looks good. The rest of the plugs, gas pressure regulator and fuel filter will waite till tomorrow, if it doesn't rain.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990
WBCCI: 0

Re: Gas pressure regulator and tune

Post by Choptop »

Knowing what I know now, if I was a mechanic and my van came in for what I have been doing, I would burn a couple of days of sick leave rather than work on it. :x