Banks PowerPack

Can't go anywhere without a working drivetrain
RCR
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Banks PowerPack

Post by RCR »

After yet another exhaust leak sprang up on a recent trip (the last one was fixed last June), we decided to go a different route. The Banks PowerPack system.

http://bankspower.com/products/show/139/46

Since Azusa, CA is about 1hr from our town - I decided to have them do the job. Thanks to Rich Norman at Banks for his handling of this project. The rig was there for about 2 weeks and we just picked it up today.

Here's my initial take on the job....WOW! The extra HP is really noticeable! It's really a different rig altogether with the extra power. They say it should give it about 68 HP more - and I believe it.

MPG is too early to tell and with the extra HP I have to admit I had a heavier foot today - but once I settle down I will find out any improvements on MPG....Banks says about 20% increase should be expected IF driven the same as before the install.

SOUND. It IS louder than it was. Of course I should have expected this. It is not quite as stealth as before. It sounds like a mustang in a van body. But it beats the loudness of the exhaust leaks that the 460 is so prone to anyways.

The job not cheap and I'm sure I could have knocked off a few hundred had I shopped around...but I really wanted to make sure it was done right. There were some questions on whether the pipes would fit as the B-van is much tighter than stock E-350's. But in the end Banks did not have to make any huge modifications of their system.

If anyone is interested in the specifics of this project or has any specific questions - I'd be happy to share.

I also have some pics that I will try to post soon.
1995 WHITE B190 7.5L - 108k
Banks PowerPack System installed 4/2012
Helig Swaybars installed 1/2012
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Banks PowerPack

Post by skater »

I've wondered how good those are. Good to hear that it does help!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Saprophyte
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996
WBCCI: 0

Re: Banks PowerPack

Post by Saprophyte »

I realize it's been over two years since you first posted this, RCR, but did your gas mileage improve?