Youngstown, OH trip...

Road stories, questions about driving the B190, lessons learned
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Youngstown, OH trip...

Post by skater »

I'm in Youngstown, Ohio this week for CougarFest, for owners of '99-'02 Mercury Cougars.

The camper ran beautifully yesterday. The tranny temp never climbed above 150 (while towing, 180 is normal). I was running 60-65 mph with it with NO problem at all. I was pretty happy.

The campground I'm at isn't the best - in particular, the showers are annoying. For one, they're backwards - you walk through the shower stall to get to where you change - then back across the wet floor when you leave. Also, it took FOREVER and a day to get hot water this morning, but it was only hot on my head; by the time it got lower it had dispersed so much it was cold again (they have a super-low-flow shower head). VERY annoying. I'm going to use my camper's shower tomorrow. I'm not even that annoyed by the fact that you have to hold the water on - you can't just turn it on and let it run.

Also, there are a number of seasonal sites that look, well, trashy. And there's no internet access (I think - I'm going to check in the office, because they say "internet friendly" - but there's no wifi where I am).

Finally, there are no 30-amp sewer sites. Graywater, but not sewer. Frustrating. Hopefully I won't fill the blackwater tank this week.

On the other hand, I'm only paying $110 for the week, so I should be more tolerant I guess.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit