Just some info on my b190

Come in and introduce yourself!
alan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Just some info on my b190

Post by alan »

Bought at local estate auction .had 37000 original miles .always serviced garage kept. Had never been camped in only used for vacation van point a to point b. I had local mech go over new spark plugs wires ect . New belts hoses flush radiater.change eng and tranny fluid. New front rotors. All else was good shape. Curtains were bad after 17 years so had new ones made and I reinstalled. Now on tripe south sort of snowbird. Had one problem the high pressure hose blew when making hard turn on uneven road. Cost be 265 dollars for repair. I was over charged in my opinion but on road and no choice. So far 1200 miles average mpg 11.5. Have the 460 v8. We down sized from 30 ft class c as I hate the rubber roofs and long over cap area which leaked constantly. Also wanted to use for garage sales etc going to town van,other one to big. It had same eng but lots of weight so only got 8 mpg. Anyone in central fl.?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Just some info on my b190

Post by skater »

Sounds good.

For the hoses, keep in mind they're 17 years old and haven't been used much, so the rubber probably dried out. I'd get under the hood and start looking for other hoses that are dry rotting as soon as possible. I'd also keep an eye on the toilet seals and dump valves for similar reasons, and check the supply line connections to the sinks/shower (as much as you can) to verify they're all tight. (On my first trip, I had a huge wet spot on the floor that turned out to be from the supply lines to the sink dripping - reaching up under there and tightening it by hand fixed the problem for the rest of the 6 years I owned the van.)

I don't mean to depress you or anything like that - just trying to help you head off future problems. In general I think a van with 37,000 miles on it is a great find, but it's worth giving it a good once-over to be sure.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit