Come in and introduce yourself!
fyodorz
New User
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 0

A new owner in North West

Post by fyodorz »

Hello everybody.

Less then a month ago I became an owner of 1998 B190. It was in a good shape with an unbelievably low mileage (12k). Since that time I repaired vehicle's AC, replaced radio with a DVD+navigation+backup camera and fixed several leaks in a clean water system. But regardless of that issues I love my RV. We travel usually with my spouse and our dog - Bernese Mountain. The first night in RV probably was uncomfortable only for him - it's too narrow space on the floor.
Currently am trying to fix a monitor - it doesn't display fresh water level. Looks like a monitor is broken. The problem is that I have no clue how to get to monitor-no covers or screws. Would appreciate if anybody tell me how to get to it insights.

Thanks in advance,
Fedor
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: A new owner in North West

Post by skater »

Welcome!

When you say "doesn't display the fresh water level", do you mean it gives a false reading or is completely blank?

I'm not sure why I'm asking - I don't have much experience troubleshooting those systems (the one in our trailer is always telling me our black tank is completely full...), but it seems like a good place to start.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Kentuckian
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Kentuckian »

Welcome to B190 Fedor,

Wow! It sounds like you did great on your B190 purchase.

Regarding your water monitor problem, I recommend that you start a separate discussion thread specifically for the water monitor. It might be helpful to post a photo of which monitor you have and tell us what you've noticed. Hopefully, we can help you get to the bottom of the problem.

Regards, Kentuckian
1993 Airstream B190
fyodorz
New User
B190 Year: 1998

Post by fyodorz »

Thank you all.

Today I solved a problem with my monitor. It was a wire problem. Unfortunately that wire is hidden without access to it, so I had to replace it with another one. Now monitor works!
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Planck »

Fedor
Welcome! How about posting a pic of your new radio. Was it hard to install?

Phil