New in NMR

Come in and introduce yourself!
B190 Year: 91
WBCCI: 0

New in NMR

Post by 505 »

Thanks for putting this site together and maintaining it. I've owned my 91 460 b190 for about two years. I've recently been using this site and it has proven to be a valuable resource for me. I figured it was finally time to become a member. I bought my rig with 11k miles and have approximately 22k on it now. I just got the generator and front fuel tank working (they were casualties of the previous owner letting it sit for years). Next I'm going for a solar panel installation and am currently shopping for an f350 donor truck for a possible 4wd conversion. The van is in brand new shape. The propane has never been filled, the waste water and fresh water tanks a virgin, the generator has less than an hour on it. You don't even want to know how little I paid for this bad boy. 4wd will be instrumental for me to turn it into my ski rig.
Luvrving
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1991

Re: New in NMR

Post by Luvrving »

Hi, I am new here myself. It sounds like you found a real treasure! I just bought last month a 1991 that has been completely rehabed inside and out except for the engine which has 108,000 miles on it and i felt I found a great deal. I'm also looking forward to reading a lot of good ideas here to help me enjoy my little rig even more.
Myrna/CA
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

505 wrote:he propane has never been filled, the waste water and fresh water tanks a virgin, the generator has less than an hour on it.
That just blows me away - it's an expensive vehicle to not use! Congratulations on the find, and welcome to the site.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
weekender
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Post by weekender »

I hear that. When I bought my 93 in 2010, the previous owners (2 women) had never used the stove or heater. Generator had less than 5 hours on it (and consequently needs a new carb). They had only used the shower 2 times, and had a practice of using a bowl in the kitchen sink to limit any water into the grey water tank. Seems they only stayed in campgrounds and only used the toilet for midnight twinkle's-- toilet paper in the trash can-- not in the tank! Needless to stay, I'm quite happy for their gentle use policy, made the whole van a gem for being 17 yrs old. :)