Come in and introduce yourself!
notbadbutgood
New User
B190 Year: 0
WBCCI: 0

Shopping! But Joining Ranks Soon ;)

Post by notbadbutgood »

Hi!

So, yeah, I'm a noob. A complete noob. Relatively new to forums (not completely, but fairly). New to RV'ing. New to B190's. I really only discovered them while shopping for Class B's and falling in love with some of the other models I've seen (specifically the Discoverer). Once I saw a B190 online, I was hooked.

I'm half of a married couple in our late 30's. Two cats, no dogs, and no children. Just the two of us!

We've car camped for all 15 years we've been together, and over the last 5 years have "graduated" to simply driving our Subaru to places in our home state of Colorado and just, well, sleeping in the car. Foregoing a tent has somewhat revolutionized our idea of a camping getaway, making the process even faster than before.

So, we've been talking about graduating to an RV for some time, but larger Class C's and the like never really appealed to us. We considered Westy's, but they seem a bit too small. As a kid I'd seen "conversion vans", but was unfamiliar with the broad range of RV's available in the Class B category. Over the last year, I've discovered that I'm sold on the idea.

Sprinters and newer models are way, way out of our price range (and probably more than what we need). But these late model class B's from the lat 80's to late 90's are kind of the sweet spot, and as I mentioned above, the B190 is, in my opinion, the perfect Class B from that era.

I've yet to see one in person, but I'm very interested in buying one within the next couple of months. I look forward to devouring all the information here on the forums, too. ;)

Anyway, thread said to introduce myself...so, hello!
slapthecat
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Re: Shopping! But Joining Ranks Soon ;)

Post by slapthecat »

Welcome!!! I could have written that post about a year ago myself. It was about that time that I first saw the B190, and picked mine up about 2 months later! All I can say is, WELL worth it. So much fun in my beast.

I will say this though - the price range they're in is attractive, but be ready to deal with a 20+yr old machine!!! All the problems of a home and a vehicle - and a home that is constantly shaking around because it is a vehicle! I have invested a couple thousand dollars in the last six months (got it at a good price, so it's worked out well), and many many MANY hours of work, but she's almost completely renovated inside - outside is next... ;-)
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by jb1rd73 »

I am in the Vail area, actually selling mine, if you are in this neck of the woods you are more than welcome to come see one in person. (It will also be in the Denver area soon too)
Cheers
Jason
970-331-1136
notbadbutgood
New User

Post by notbadbutgood »

Thanks for the welcome, slapthecat!

Jason: Definitely interested. :) I'm in Colorado Springs, but do you have info about it online anywhere?
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Our cat Snowball (who has since passed away) loved camping in the B190 - lots of places he could climb around, especially vertically, and plenty of windows to see out of.

Good luck in your search!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
notbadbutgood
New User

Post by notbadbutgood »

Ha! That's great that your cat liked it. :) Both of ours are getting up in years (though our orange tabby is still pretty spry). I think they'd mostly just like to lay around in it, and I can take them out at camp sites for exercise. My only fear is the tabby tends to really freak out in long car rides and refuses to eat, drink, or use the litter box. But I suppose he'd grow accustomed to it rather quickly...
jb1rd73
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by jb1rd73 »

Yes there is a posting in the FOR SALE section! There is a link to a CL add with pics