B190 Questions about what are the desireable years

Come in and introduce yourself!
parker
New User

B190 Questions about what are the desireable years

Post by parker »

Hi

I am new to the 190, and am interested as to what years are desireable, which engines get the best mileage , which things should be avoided etc. What mileage might I expect. I see indications of new transmissions here and there are there any particular transmissions I should avoid. Is the 460 a desireable engine? Are there any years that have a different engine that may be more or less desireable?

I appreciate this site and hope that I can get into this B190 program without making too many costly errors.

I am familiar with class b motor homes and their operation but with things particularly relative to the 190, I am very much in need of assistance.

Thanks in advance for any help I may recieve.

Parker
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Welcome to the site!

I don't think there are any years to avoid.

I would avoid getting the smaller engine (the 351). The 460 owners have actually reported better gas mileage than the 351 owners, because it doesn't have to work as hard. I don't know if the same is true for the V10, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear that is the case.

There's a thread here where we talk about some of the changes made each year. On balance I don't know that any years are much better than the others: for example, the newest models have a bathroom that has a slightly better arrangement and its own sink, but then the kitchen table is somewhat more awkward to deal with.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit