New owner

Come in and introduce yourself!
Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

New owner

Post by Wanderlost »

Hi!
Just this weekend we purchased our '96 B190 so are new to the group. We've been looking for quite a little while. Running it through the shop right now. I'm guessing the mechanical should be fine just by the overall condition of the unit. We're downsizing from a '30 class A so we're sorting & resorting our "stuff" to get comfy. So, Hey from Oregon!!!
Jay
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Welcome Jay...

Would that be the rig up in Washington recently in RVTrader with 40k miles...??
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Welcome to the site!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Wanderlost
Weekend Camper

Post by Wanderlost »

Alaskan,
Yes we bought the one in WA from RVTrader. We don't have an exact timeframe yet, but after a few shakedown runs our goal is to take an exteded trip to Alaska. From your listed website you look to be one of my new friends :)
Jay
rubyslippers6232
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Post by rubyslippers6232 »

Congratulations on your rig! We just bought our '96 in May and love it!
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999

Post by Alaskan »

That looked to be a very nice clean rig you just got...I had talked to the fellow about it on the phone but didn't get down to look at it

When you're ready to talk about Alaska let me know....:lol:....and webscrambler also..!

Some recent changes in the Alaska ferry system traveling to Bellingham but its actually a benefit to us IMO...

Dave....

Wanderlost wrote:Alaskan,
Yes we bought the one in WA from RVTrader. We don't have an exact timeframe yet, but after a few shakedown runs our goal is to take an exteded trip to Alaska. From your listed website you look to be one of my new friends :)
Jay
Ranger

Post by Ranger »

What has been your experience so far with your new B-Van? Any major issues? What items do you particularly like? We have been watching the RV for sale websites. Because there were so few B-Vans made by Airstream, good ones for sale seem to be rare.

- Ranger
rubyslippers6232
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Post by rubyslippers6232 »

Ranger, only a couple of issues so far. We had to have the speed sensor replaced (not very expensive at all through our mechanic)...the speedometer needle was flipping around like crazy, and the odometer screen would go blank. Reminded us of a scene from the X-Files. We are having trouble with our furnace where it comes on with no problem, but once it reaches the right temperature and shuts off, then tries to come on again, it just blows cold air. Members on this board have given us some great suggestions on how to try to fix, but we haven't gotten around to working on it. And we love everything. It utilizes space very well, it's easy to drive and is a sound ride, having a toilet is wonderful. Dash heat and air work great. And having a generator is such a luxury. Hope this helps!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Ranger wrote:Because there were so few B-Vans made by Airstream, good ones for sale seem to be rare.
FYI on this - Airstream Forums had two listed yesterday - one was a '91 that appeared to be in excellent shape, the other was a '93 (I think). They're in the classifieds section, in the appropriate motorhome years.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit