Thanks!

Come in and introduce yourself!
micabarry
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Thanks!

Post by micabarry »

Not really new to the site because I used it to buy a 1991 last September and have read it frequently anytime I had a question about something. My rig only had 32k and was from the Southwest so it was in good shape with just enough wrong to make it interesting. I've rebuilt a 66 Airstream Caravel in 97 and upgraded to a 61 Tradewind in 2009 (which was a frame up rebuild) and have towed both all around this country and down into Mexico and up into Canada over the past 16 years. But I always wanted a B190 to use for shorter trips. The hardest part was convincing my wife who thought we already had enough ways to go camping. Regretfully I had to use my, "You only turn 70 once!" card which I was hoping to save for a boat or maybe a motorcycle or a horse. But the B190 has turned out to be lots of fun, so much so that we are planning to use it on our cross country trip this winter. Glad to see they finally got some recognition in the Airsream Life mag a few issues ago. Anyhow, I'm writing to say a great big, long overdue, thank you to Alaskan and everyone else who has contributed tö this site. It has been very, very helpful. Barry
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Re: Thanks!

Post by lido14co »

Enjoy your cross country. We did Cali to Florida and back and our 92 was a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Adkins family
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Adkins family »

Hello from fellow new owners,

We just brought home our 1993 B190. We are former owners of a 1967 Safari, that was restored minus the exterior polish. For some reason that I can't explain I thought I needed to sell it and move on to the next project, what was I thinking? The moment I saw the new owners pull out of the yard (with smiles on their faces). I knew I had made a big mistake. In my mind there is just something about an Airstream, it could be the sense of nostalgia that comes with owning a vintage trailer, maybe knowing there are just not that many of them out there, thoughts of being out on the road, and the adventures that lye ahead, but most of all I think they just look good while set up at the camp site. A word of warning to all potential vintage Airstream owners..... if you're a private person and don't like talking to strangers, then they may not be for you, because everyone that goes by will want to talk with you about your Airstream.

We are happy to be part of the community again, with our new unnamed get away van.

Good luck with your new rig and enjoy.

Cheers!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Adkins family wrote:Hello from fellow new owners,

We just brought home our 1993 B190. We are former owners of a 1967 Safari, that was restored minus the exterior polish. For some reason that I can't explain I thought I needed to sell it and move on to the next project, what was I thinking? The moment I saw the new owners pull out of the yard (with smiles on their faces). I knew I had made a big mistake. In my mind there is just something about an Airstream, it could be the sense of nostalgia that comes with owning a vintage trailer, maybe knowing there are just not that many of them out there, thoughts of being out on the road, and the adventures that lye ahead, but most of all I think they just look good while set up at the camp site. A word of warning to all potential vintage Airstream owners..... if you're a private person and don't like talking to strangers, then they may not be for you, because everyone that goes by will want to talk with you about your Airstream.

We are happy to be part of the community again, with our new unnamed get away van.
If you thought your Safari got a lot of looks, wait until you show up at a campground with the B190. I had interesting conversations with a LOT of people, Airstreamers and non-Airstreamers alike. :)

This reminds me...the 1989 Airstream B190s became eligible for the vintage club of WBCCI in 2014. 1990s are eligible this year. (Vintage is defined as 25 years old.)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Adkins family
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Adkins family »

Skater,

I think you are right, our new B190 will probably draw more attention as we travel the back roads to adventure. I guess it's just one of those burdens all Airstream owners must bare. :D

We have a couple of years to go before we hit the true Vintage status on out B (1993). No worries there. Carol tried talking me out of selling the Safari several times, and you know she may have been right, but I can't look back, the past is gone, plenty of sunny days ahead with the new B190. She also made me promise I would not sell it for ten years. The optimistic side of this new owner says "I don't problem with that" Now bring on that horizon.

Cheers