New member from NJ

Come in and introduce yourself!
DavidP
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

New member from NJ

Post by DavidP »

Hello from Vineland NJ,
Me and my girl purchased a 1994 a few week ago to replace the 1989 Dodge B250 conversion van we have been using as our race vehicle. After experiencing horrible weather at no less then 4 races last season and not being able to set up camp, I told her we were getting a B class RV. That way, if the rain is poring and the wind is blowing I wont have to get out of the RV until I have to race (Hair scrambles) and we can cook, use the bathroom, and sleep without worrying that the heater is going to kill us with CO2. After exploring our options and different RVs I decided that the B190 with the 460 would be the best choice for us. I am a Ford fan and the 460 and E4OD is just about the best combination for the era. After doing research on years, miles, values, options, we settled on one with higher miles with some minor cosmetic issues. It is 21 years old! But the interior needs some help. So far I have replaced the toilet seat, Rear door cables, and am getting the sofa and seat backs reupholstered. Another deciding factor in the purchase was that this is a very highly optioned B190. I think it is easier to list the 4 options it didn't have. Mag wheels, CB, external 110 outlet and power passengers seat. And everything works. After I get the upholstery back I will sand the worn parts of the cabinets down and re-varnish them. Deep clean the carpet. Replace the tub and all the wallpaper. replace the door latches with the 5# Southco latches saving the few good 10# ones for key locations. I will post pics and ask questions in the appropriate topics but so far we put 2000 miles on it with a average speed of 70 mph. Fuel consumption has been about 11 mpg at higher speeds and 12 at lower speeds.
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Re: New member from NJ

Post by Tucsonan »

Welcome! I hope you find this site as helpful as I have for keeping our old rigs up and running!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
weekender
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1993

Post by weekender »

Congrats on the new purchase. Consider ripping out the carpet and putting down a laminate floor or linoleum-- you will find it much easier to keep clean-- area carpets over the hard surface floor are comfy and easy to shake out.

just my 2cents
Adkins family
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1993

Post by Adkins family »

Hello and welcome.
I am also fairly new to this site and have found it to be filled with great information and folks willing to share their experiences.
Good luck to you.

Cheers!