Come in and introduce yourself!
BOBandDEB
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

New members from Arizona

Post by BOBandDEB »

Hello everyone.
We bought our '94 B190 nearly a year ago and have been following your forum since the first month. We have learned so much from you all so far, and, I hope I can contribute to the site also.
We have already done a several mods, intertec converter, hellwig sway bars, floor nite lights (so we don't step on the dogs when getting up to pee at night), an outside 110 outlet, crank up TV antenna, removed the original white carpet and replaced it with Pergo laminate flooring in the living area , and ACC carpet in the cab area, ball bearing drawer slides and push button latches on all the drawers, LED thin lite ceiling lights, 9' awning, and, a 2 1/2 gallon drinking water system with it's own pump and sink faucet.
We put on over 6K miles the first 7 months, and have 3 more trips (another 4k miles) planned from now until August.

Bob and Debbie Morton
nvestysly
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1998
WBCCI: 16771

Re: New members from Arizona

Post by nvestysly »

Hello BobandDeb,

Welcome to B190.com. Sounds like you've made some interesting and useful upgrades to your B190. I am particularly interested in the crank-up antenna project. If you have pictures or a description/steps please consider starting a new thread on the subject.
We sold our 1998 B190, V-10
Currently own a 2010 Airstream Interstate
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

Welcome! Did you do your own install on the floor? Time for us to replace our 92's carpet and wondering how difficult it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0

Post by 190-b-651 »

Im a newbie as well bought a 93 b190 in november last year love it just about every weekend my wife and i go somewhere lots of options in central California ordered the helwig sway bar on Saturday thanks everyone for sharing your experience with us.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
BOBandDEB
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Post by BOBandDEB »

Yes, I did install the flooring myself. It took about two days. The first day to remove the old carpet, (I just cut it out with a box cutter), prep the floor, and stain and varnish 3- 8 foot lengths of small corner round from Home Depot. The second day, to cut and install the flooring, and trim. I used 8 mm thick with pre installed backing. Every piece has to be cut to fit, every piece around the perimeter has to be cut lengthwise because nothing is square. ( I used a band saw) Carpet would have been easier, but laminate more durable, especially with our 2 dogs on board.

I will post antenna description on another thread.