New owners in Georgia

Come in and introduce yourself!
vanbytheriver
B190 Year: 97
WBCCI: 0

New owners in Georgia

Post by vanbytheriver »

After many years of looking and stalking the B190 Forum, my family and I finally bought a 1997 B190 from Texas 3 weeks ago. We were planning on buying one in Tennessee until the owner couldn't bear to give it up. After being disappointed on that deal, I found another 1 year newer one on the forum and jumped on it. After getting a B190, I now understand why Lou couldn't give hers up.

I picked up the new van in Houston, and made a new friend in the process with old owner, on August 31 and drove it back 16 hours to Flowery Branch Georgia. Was suppose to be a 2 day trip with an evening in New Orleans but, a work issue forced me to drive straight through the night. Left Atlanta at 5:00 am Tuesday pulled in driveway at 5:05 am Wednesday Morning, after a lot of coffee. Van ran and drove great, got 12.9 miles to the gallon, which I was very pleased with.

The next weekend, we took our first trip to Carrowinds on the North Carolina/South Carolina border over Labor Day. After years of sleeping in truck camper, it was awesome to be able to walk around and take a shower. Absolutely love it. Wife loved being able to lounge/Nap on the sofa while on the road. Skater got me setup on the forum while I was sitting on a bench at the park.

This past weekend was opening day of the GA Deer Bow Season. Had to take van down field road to camp and it did awesome. Think it has more ground clearance than my 2wd F-150 has.

Just wanted to say hey and thank everyone for the information posted on the Forum it has really helped in researching and learning about these wonderful motorhomes. Please feel free to send me a message if your passing through the Atlanta area. Vanbytheriver is my user name, its a joke b/w me and my wife from the Chris Farley SNL Skit. I'm always saying with the way the world is going I'm gonna go live in a van down by the river, just a really nice one like the Airstream. Plus my son and I do a lot of fly fishing and is one of the reasons we bought the B190 so, it just makes since.

Cant wait for the next adventure,

Wade
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: New owners in Georgia

Post by skater »

Congratulations on the purchase! It sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun with it.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Leigh
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 0

Post by Leigh »

Was it the one on Craig's List?
vanbytheriver
B190 Year: 97

Post by vanbytheriver »

If it was I didn't see it. The first one we were going to buy was. This one was only on the forum.
kccruzer
B190 Year: 0

Post by kccruzer »

We live in cumming ga. Maybe we will bump into each other, we have driven all the way up to maryland and down to Florida and have not spotted another b190. We love ours, welcome to the b190 community.