Come in and introduce yourself!
ZachS
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 0

New member in Washington

Post by ZachS »

Hi All
We just purchased a 92 in Boise on June 30th and we are quite smitten with her so far. Turns out she might be kind of a cream puff. Clean history. 4 owners, but one was the dealer that took her on trade (kept it for 2 years), and another was the son (or relative with the same last name) of the guy who purchased it from that dealer.

A binder full of receipts and owner's manuals inside.

the last family purchased it in '06 for 21K with 64K mi

Currently showing 94K including the drive back from Boise to Seattle and an immediate overnight shakedown with the whole family when I brought her home.
60 hours on the Genny
Tires new in 2015 and have about 2K mi on them
Airbags installed on the front in 09
Everything works on board.

The bunk house bed was fixed in the stowed position, as was the couch - the jackknife hardware is gone. The cushions were replaced and are in perfect condition.

We paid 8850 for her and I put 800 in at a local shop prior to the trip home:
Transmission flush
Radiator and coolant flush
New plugs, wires, cap and rotor

I really can't believe how quiet this thing is at 65 on the highway. The coach does not make a sound!

Cosmetically in very good shape showing wear typical for a vehicle this age:
Running boards need a repaint, but un-damaged.
Small scrape forward of the fridge grate
The clear coat is peeling on the roof and, unfortunately, on the front of the bunk house around the front window.
Looks like some of the windows around the top were schmutzed with silicone instead of resealed properly, but the inside shows no evidence of water that I have seen.
The stripes show typical fading and a little cracking, but all are intact and look pretty good at 20feet :wink:

I saw this same one pop up on craigslist for about a second in early June and the seller told me it was gone. Seriously, the post was up for 10 hours - overnight! The asking price was 6450! I had written it off, but then this one showed up on craigslist again - looked a little familiar. It was at a mom and pop dealer and they were asking 12500. I got the VIN and it was the same one from the CL post in June alright. Turns out the previous owner had his eye on a new truck at the dealer and traded in the B van for it. Couldn't even wait a day to sell it on craigslist.

I got the dealer to come down to 8850, and while I'm kicking myself that I couldn't get to it before the PO traded it, It became apparent on the drive home that I had gotten a solid deal. I bet the dealer was in it about 4k on paper, but it was a trade, so that's all up for interpretation anyway.

My family thinks I'm a hero. We are currently selling our '59 Shasta trailer that we've had and used for 10 years or so - been in my family for 30+. We rented a 19' class C on a recent trip to visit family in California and were converted right away. I still can't believe we got this thing when we did.

I look forward to traveling in her this summer and we have several trips planned. We have a friend with a 2015 white Sprinter 4x4 and we all think it looks like a Star Wars stormtrooper helmet from the front with the white paint and the black grille. With the blue motif, my daughter thought this one looked like R2D2.

We've named her AIR2D2.

Cheers to y'all. We look forward to many posts!

Zach, Jennifer, Frankie and Donovan - The Stanleys

I can't tell if this pic will attach - how do I post higher res pictures than 256k?
... Oh... I'll get the hang of this..
r2 unit.jpg
r2 unit.jpg (231.57 KiB) Viewed 12224 times
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Re: New member in Washington

Post by Keystone »

Congrats and welcome! I still remember that giddy, newish-van feeling. Looking forward to your posts. -keystone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keystone
B190 4x4
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0

Post by 190-b-651 »

Welcome to the group lots of good people and information and ideas. It's helped me a great deal learning about b190's looks like you little helper is going to enjoy it as much as you.
I have enjoyed mine so much over the year and a half we've owned it I know you will to.
Good luck happy travel's

Dennis

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler

Post by lido14co »

Welcome. We've got a '92 also with a Star Wars theme plate OBWAN90.

Cliff
190-b-651
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 0

Post by 190-b-651 »

Love it Cliff

My wife dubbed ours Vandora.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Tucsonan
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Tucsonan »

Looks great, Welcome!
1994 B190, Sahuarita Arizona

"... but it's a dry heat!"
ZachS
Weekend Camper

Post by ZachS »

lido14co wrote:Welcome. We've got a '92 also with a Star Wars theme plate OBWAN90.

Cliff

Thanks, everyone, for the welcome! Hey Cliff, may the force be with you. Skater, I will post a pic of the Airstream vin plate shortly.

Z
ZachS
Weekend Camper

Post by ZachS »

ZachS wrote:Hi All
We just purchased a 92 in Boise on June 30th and we are quite smitten with her so far. Turns out she might be kind of a cream puff. Clean history. 4 owners, but one was the dealer that took her on trade (kept it for 2 years), and another was the son (or relative with the same last name) of the guy who purchased it from that dealer.

A binder full of receipts and owner's manuals inside.

the last family purchased it in '06 for 21K with 64K mi

Currently showing 94K including the drive back from Boise to Seattle and an immediate overnight shakedown with the whole family when I brought her home.
60 hours on the Genny
Tires new in 2015 and have about 2K mi on them
Airbags installed on the front in 09
Everything works on board.

The bunk house bed was fixed in the stowed position, as was the couch - the jackknife hardware is gone. The cushions were replaced and are in perfect condition.

We paid 8850 for her and I put 800 in at a local shop prior to the trip home:
Transmission flush
Radiator and coolant flush
New plugs, wires, cap and rotor

I really can't believe how quiet this thing is at 65 on the highway. The coach does not make a sound!

Cosmetically in very good shape showing wear typical for a vehicle this age:
Running boards need a repaint, but un-damaged.
Small scrape forward of the fridge grate
The clear coat is peeling on the roof and, unfortunately, on the front of the bunk house around the front window.
Looks like some of the windows around the top were schmutzed with silicone instead of resealed properly, but the inside shows no evidence of water that I have seen.
The stripes show typical fading and a little cracking, but all are intact and look pretty good at 20feet :wink:

I saw this same one pop up on craigslist for about a second in early June and the seller told me it was gone. Seriously, the post was up for 10 hours - overnight! The asking price was 6450! I had written it off, but then this one showed up on craigslist again - looked a little familiar. It was at a mom and pop dealer and they were asking 12500. I got the VIN and it was the same one from the CL post in June alright. Turns out the previous owner had his eye on a new truck at the dealer and traded in the B van for it. Couldn't even wait a day to sell it on craigslist.

I got the dealer to come down to 8850, and while I'm kicking myself that I couldn't get to it before the PO traded it, It became apparent on the drive home that I had gotten a solid deal. I bet the dealer was in it about 4k on paper, but it was a trade, so that's all up for interpretation anyway.

My family thinks I'm a hero. We are currently selling our '59 Shasta trailer that we've had and used for 10 years or so - been in my family for 30+. We rented a 19' class C on a recent trip to visit family in California and were converted right away. I still can't believe we got this thing when we did.

I look forward to traveling in her this summer and we have several trips planned. We have a friend with a 2015 white Sprinter 4x4 and we all think it looks like a Star Wars stormtrooper helmet from the front with the white paint and the black grille. With the blue motif, my daughter thought this one looked like R2D2.

We've named her AIR2D2.

Cheers to y'all. We look forward to many posts!

Zach, Jennifer, Frankie and Donovan - The Stanleys

I can't tell if this pic will attach - how do I post higher res pictures than 256k?
... Oh... I'll get the hang of this..
r2 unit.jpg
VinsImageImage

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Congratulations on the purchase and thanks for the VINs.

Just call me the VIN monster. Nom nom.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
usachris
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1999

Post by usachris »

So Shiny! Great purchase! If you ever road trip to So Cal - aka Disneyland- look me up!
Christopher Salazar
1999 B190 #301352