Okanagan! new to us

Come in and introduce yourself!
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Okanagan! new to us

Post by okaynagan »

Well we've done "put all our feet in it". Yes, we went and over purchased a well used Okanagan. Suffice it to say we were overjoyed to find this forum and that you kind folks let us join, thank you very much Skater.

Made a number of changes to our 88 Okanagan, starting with fuel pumps (yeap 2 of them), new tires, curtains, seats, painted the exterior, stripped out the blistering wallpaper and painted, changing all inside lights to LEDs... But the problem is an "old"-kanagan the more you give it the more it wants; it absolutely loves mechanic shops. For every Dragon one slays 2 come to the funeral.

It's a stripped-down model, no generator no air-conditioner. The shag carpeting has got to go someday soon, the fridge is marginal even after a number of modifications, the inferior cabinets makes me wish I had waited for an airstream B190, we plan to fix that. On the plus side its 75k miles makes it worth working on; it is going to be with us few years yet. It certainly beats tent camping and fits a normal parking spot. Overall it is an okay Van, it's Okaynagan.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Okanagan! new to us

Post by skater »

Welcome to the site! I wondered where Okaynagan came from, and I wasn't disappointed!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Welcome, have had my '90 B190 for about a week now. 78,000 miles and it appears, threw looking at some paperwork in my folder, that it was in storage for 7 or 8 years before the previous owner bought it. I love knowing as much as possible about the history of things. It has been well maintained and I have a l o n g history of keeping vehicles a long time. Looking forward to my 1st adventure w/Aunt B. Good luck keeping the Dragons at bay !! :wink:
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by okaynagan »

Thanks for the warm welcome. And now we have got to put our noses to the grindstone getting this van spruced up for the coming years we plan to throw at it. Looks like this one is a "keeper" once we find and evict all those Dragons. We are hoping you can help with our battle plans and warn us off ambushes. When one acquires an antique one can expect a problem, two or three.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

okaynagan wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome. And now we have got to put our noses to the grindstone getting this van spruced up for the coming years we plan to throw at it. Looks like this one is a "keeper" once we find and evict all those Dragons. We are hoping you can help with our battle plans and warn us off ambushes. When one acquires an antique one can expect a problem, two or three.
Yep, it's basically a 30 year old house and a 30 year old car.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit