found in the wild!

Come in and introduce yourself!
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

found in the wild!

Post by okaynagan »

Got One! B 190 that is. It's a 95 out of Tucson. It's silver gray with the 460 engine, 52k mile. We've got aesthetic work to do in it. So far we are pleased with our find. Still happy dancing here!

We had to make a emergency trip during the Thanksgiving week and took it for shakedown trip. It got us to our destination and back, some 1500 miles without any unscheduled stops. The only thing we gave the 190 for the trip was a set of new tires and sanitize the holding tanks. If it weren't for a phantom ABS light coming on I'd say it behaves capital on our excursion.

Well gotta make curtains, recover the mattresses, unstick the windows, sterilize everything, reglued the vinyl to ceiling, shampoo rug and sofa, debug the cab window , repair some old wood rot on the cab rail, change the oil, convert to LEDs, possibly paint the tub …

We must try camping in it too, will have to sell the Okanagan soon too.
Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Re: found in the wild!

Post by Choptop »

Congrats!! I guess that means you will be changing your avatar ? :D
okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by okaynagan »

Choptop wrote:Congrats!! I guess that means you will be changing your avatar ? :D
say there, your are right. the cab over has only one window up front. oh well, back to the drawing board :!:
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

okaynagan wrote:Got One! B 190 that is. It's a 95 out of Tucson. It's silver gray with the 460 engine, 52k mile. We've got aesthetic work to do in it. So far we are pleased with our find. Still happy dancing here!

We had to make a emergency trip during the Thanksgiving week and took it for shakedown trip. It got us to our destination and back, some 1500 miles without any unscheduled stops. The only thing we gave the 190 for the trip was a set of new tires and sanitize the holding tanks. If it weren't for a phantom ABS light coming on I'd say it behaves capital on our excursion.

Well gotta make curtains, recover the mattresses, unstick the windows, sterilize everything, reglued the vinyl to ceiling, shampoo rug and sofa, debug the cab window , repair some old wood rot on the cab rail, change the oil, convert to LEDs, possibly paint the tub …

We must try camping in it too, will have to sell the Okanagan soon too.
Sounds like the engine preformed quite well for you on that 1500 mile trip! Mine needed more maintenance before I drove it even down the road.

The cosmetic work will come but, the way I look at it if the engine will safely get me to my destinations all the other stuff is fun and enjoyable to see materialize. Yup, I cleaned and cleaned out those tanks, all the cabinets, took down all the curtains, took couch out so I could clean under there. Until all areas of the van were inspected and cleaned I could not rest well. Pictures soon if you have not already posted.