New B190 Owner

Come in and introduce yourself!
8Track
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

New B190 Owner

Post by 8Track »

Hi! I've been lurking on this site for a couple years and I finally saved enough to buy my B190. I bought it sight unseen at an out-of-state auction so I was definitely rolling the dice, but I think I did alright. It's a 1999 with 80k miles on it and I'm the second owner. I'm planning on full-timing but I have never owned an RV or camper so I'm feeling a bit out of my element. It did come with a thick Airstream binder full of diagrams, parts numbers, manuals, etc. of all the installed systems so I'm sure that will be an invaluable resource (along with this site), but I'd really like to find someone in or around Nashville that would be able to look it over and walk through it with me to explain how to properly operate and maintain all of the systems. Is this something RV places provide? Is there anyone in or around Nashville that would down to help a fellow 190'r? Thanks in advance!
-John

The serial number is #1B9KGVA27XJ301359

okaynagan
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Re: New B190 Owner

Post by okaynagan »

Hello from Arizona, John. Congratulations on your B190 acquisition. Welcome out of lurker-doom. You already know that you will find a wealth of information in the archives here. You will soon be adding to the stores of knowledge yourself as you workout the kinks of your B. Do hope you find a Nashville-ish mentor.
beaniecounter68
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 4489

Post by beaniecounter68 »

She looks to be a real gem! Hope to be as fortunate as you one day soon as I am still in lurking mode :)
I am amazed at the collective knowledge available here. It really is an invaluable resource.

Andrea
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

I have no idea how I missed this thread until today. Welcome to the site!

Would you mind also posting (or sending me) your Ford VIN?

Thanks!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
mountaindent
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992
WBCCI: 19000

Post by mountaindent »

Congratulations! Hope you will share your adventures with us all and what improvements if any you attempt. Happy travels. You already appreciate the value of this site if you have been lurking awhile.
lido14co
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1992

Post by lido14co »

8Track wrote:Hi! I've been lurking on this site for a couple years and I finally saved enough to buy my B190. I bought it sight unseen at an out-of-state auction so I was definitely rolling the dice, but I think I did alright. It's a 1999 with 80k miles on it and I'm the second owner. I'm planning on full-timing but I have never owned an RV or camper so I'm feeling a bit out of my element. It did come with a thick Airstream binder full of diagrams, parts numbers, manuals, etc. of all the installed systems so I'm sure that will be an invaluable resource (along with this site), but I'd really like to find someone in or around Nashville that would be able to look it over and walk through it with me to explain how to properly operate and maintain all of the systems. Is this something RV places provide? Is there anyone in or around Nashville that would down to help a fellow 190'r? Thanks in advance!
-John

Welcome 1359. My 92 binder is exactly the same. Guess they must’ve gotten a good deal on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usachris
Seasoned Traveler

Post by usachris »

Hi! 1352 here. My guess is our rigs have a lot in common. No doubt you’ll find the answers to any questions you may have in this forum - but feel free to hit me up if you have a ‘99 specific question. Being 7 units apart, our rigs may have even been on the production floor together. :D
Attachments
Yup! Same binder here too.
Yup! Same binder here too.
B416AE85-BC66-4DBB-A746-5DBDBB9ADC39.jpeg (67.43 KiB) Viewed 11864 times
Christopher Salazar
1999 B190 #301352
SeaQuinn
Seasoned Traveler

Post by SeaQuinn »

lido14co wrote:
8Track wrote:Hi! I've been lurking on this site for a couple years and I finally saved enough to buy my B190. I bought it sight unseen at an out-of-state auction so I was definitely rolling the dice, but I think I did alright. It's a 1999 with 80k miles on it and I'm the second owner. I'm planning on full-timing but I have never owned an RV or camper so I'm feeling a bit out of my element. It did come with a thick Airstream binder full of diagrams, parts numbers, manuals, etc. of all the installed systems so I'm sure that will be an invaluable resource (along with this site), but I'd really like to find someone in or around Nashville that would be able to look it over and walk through it with me to explain how to properly operate and maintain all of the systems. Is this something RV places provide? Is there anyone in or around Nashville that would down to help a fellow 190'r? Thanks in advance!
-John

Welcome 1359. My 92 binder is exactly the same. Guess they must’ve gotten a good deal on them!

Welcome from 1368 :)Image

Choptop
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1990

Post by Choptop »

Welcome, picked up my B last fall, got 1 weekend adventure in before putting her away for the winter.
8Track
Weekend Camper

Post by 8Track »

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
skater wrote:I have no idea how I missed this thread until today. Welcome to the site!

Would you mind also posting (or sending me) your Ford VIN?

Thanks!
Hi Skater- The Ford VIN is Vin# 1FDSS34S1XHA76298

Any chance you are/were a member of the Vanning.com forums? I was a part of their forums a lot in the early 2000's and had a fella named Skater on there.
usachris wrote:Hi! 1352 here. My guess is our rigs have a lot in common. No doubt you’ll find the answers to any questions you may have in this forum - but feel free to hit me up if you have a ‘99 specific question. Being 7 units apart, our rigs may have even been on the production floor together. :D

I bet our rigs are close cousins. That's really cool! Hopefully one day I'll run into you out on the road and we can reunite them :)

The undercarriage of mine has collected some rust over the years. Nothing too bad and the frame is solid- looks to be due to salty roads from it's previous home up north. I had to change out the front and rear calipers last week after a seizing scare. The heavy rust did not make that a fun job. I'm going to end up changing out the passenger side as well, along with the rotors as soon as I get the time.
I'm also going to have to figure out where the heck I'm getting a leak from the overhead front window. The evidence was there when I bought it as there was a good amount of staining on the carpet underneath the window. I was hoping it had been fixed but after a hard rain last night I checked and found the plywood underneath that overhead window to be pretty damp. It doesn't look like it's pouring in but I want to nip this problem before it gets worse. I saw in my travels on this forum that someone (Skater?) had paid some place to re-seal and caulk the entire top. I'm hoping I can find someone locally that might be able to do that for me just to make sure it's done right.
There's a lot of work and upgrades I plan on doing- Updating the suspension, new tires, replacing the carpet with hardwood, new stereo with backup camera, moving the spare tire to the outside, installing solar, and more. One issue I'm hoping isn't going to be a major problem is the sheet metal around a holding tank underneath seems to be quite rusted and will need some attention. One thing at a time though.
Thanks again for the welcome everyone and I hope to contribute as much as I can
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Thanks, got the VIN and entered it.

Yeah, I had a shop reseal all of the windows on the top. I think it was like $300, but that was probably 10 years ago.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Jersey747
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1994

Post by Jersey747 »

Welcome aboard 8 track , I joined up in December and like yourself will be upgrading my very rough 94 !!! Great group of guys/gals on this site ....see you on the highway