Howdy All!

Come in and introduce yourself!
JamesF
B190 Year: 1996

Howdy All!

Post by JamesF »

[img]Hi all, I'm new to the site. Recently sold my "traditional" style class c motorhome that I had for 10 years. Wanted something more flexible, came across a video of a B190, loved it! Loved the fact that there was a functional bunk, as well as a jack-knife type sofa, as well as good counter space and all the pictures I saw they also had ovens - very important to me. So the hunt was on! This weekend I drove 14.5 down and back from Vancouver BC to Portland Oregon to see a van. Exterior was in good shape, interior was in fair shape. In fact the interior was in very good shape except all the fabric stuff (carpet, upholstery, curtains) is fairly worn, stained, tired. I decided all that stuff was easy to fix. So I pulled the trigger and will go down to pick it up next weekend. It is a 1996 with 67k miles. I'm very excited to git'her and there are a few things that I will be asking questions about in the coming weeks :) (not sure why my pictures are sideways!?) [image]
Inside forward
Inside forward
h8DDU1aHS7ipxz7ps282kA.jpg (2.34 MiB) Viewed 7084 times
[/image] [image]
Inside aft
Inside aft
y++4SppMTNGDGlNgAStb+w.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 7084 times
[/image] [image]
Exterior
Exterior
XQd92iozQxi9o6h4J+czhg.jpg (3.34 MiB) Viewed 7084 times
[/image]
BeachHouse
New User
B190 Year: 1992

Re: Howdy All!

Post by BeachHouse »

Welcome! Your B190 looks like it’s awaiting adventures!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Looks good! Congratulations!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
silvertrooper
Weekend Camper

Post by silvertrooper »

We are in Seattle with the exact same unit. The mileage on the 460 is atrocious (we get between 9 and 13 mpg) but it'll go up passes without blinking an eye. Took us towing a trailer to actually see the thermostat move.

The most important addition, likely already made, is heavy duty Bilstein shocks and a Helwig sway bar. These rigs were too heavy for the suspension, and those additions make them far safer and more enjoyable to drive.

This is a fantastic forum for good folks and information. Welcome! If you ever find yourself in the Emerald City, stop in and say hi. We also have done about $9K of deferred maintenance work on our van, but it's been fantastic since all that was done (mostly generator, electrical system, water heater, leaks, and baseline maintenance--the latter probably didn't need to be done, but all the rest did as none of it worked right). Happy to share any info.

Branden and the Turtle (lic: TOURTLE)
JamesF

Post by JamesF »

Great, thanks for all the great info. I can't remember if this has a sway-thing or if the other one I looked at did! I've heard gas mileage isn't good but it can't be worse than my class c! (I hope!)
Oldbagpipe
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1989
WBCCI: 0

Post by Oldbagpipe »

Welcome from 30 miles south of the border.