New member middle Georgia

Come in and introduce yourself!
chrisb
New User

New member middle Georgia

Post by chrisb »

Hello all,
So my wife and I have done some rv-ing in the last 10 years, but only in small travel trailers. We retired early to middle Georgia to live off the land, and we have been so busy with learning that lifestyle with crops, chickens, pigs and goats that we never really thought about traveling by RV again.
I did catch myself looking around at campers again after about a year of retirement. I noticed one camper, the b 190, that was just the coolest thing. Just a timeless classic.
A few months ago, a doctor looked at me very seriously and said " I am sorry but you do have cancer'.
. My survival chances were in question and I had to take a hard look at everything in my life. I even had to have the hard talk with my elderly parents about the potential of them burying me. We downscaled our mini farm to make it manageable for my wife. We are just down to ten chickens and a few winter crops.

So, some time has gone by. I had two massive surgeries and I am just over two weeks post op. My doctor told me that I had a great surgical outcome and he feels very confident that my five year survival chances are above 75%.

So, relieved that I am probably going to live, but still in great pain, I started looking in all the usual places...at camper vans..

About a week ago, a 1995 190 popped up on RVT. I texted and got no response so I called. It was a Saturday morning so I called. This thing appeared to be just spectacular.
It was at a dealer in NC, about six hours from me.
The sales guy picked up at home and we spoke about the van. He said the price was firm. It is absolutely top dollar at 25k with 112k miles, but its so immaculate. He said the owner was a meticulous nut, as I happen to be, so when I buy used things that is what I am looking for.
I spoke to my wife briefly and gave a deposit over the phone. Wayne the sales guy, also was able to deliver it at 1.49 per mile, which comes out to just over 600.00. Pretty fair considering that if my wife and I went to get it we would be taking the equivalent of 3 day trips plus a hotel and meals.
I am just so thrilled with this new dream toy. I really missed the rv adventures we had, especially the small trips around the Southeast. I am a do it yourselfer, so I am really happy that I found this owner's page.
I'll keep y'all posted!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: New member middle Georgia

Post by skater »

Wow, what a story! Congratulations on your purchase!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit