Newbie B190 owner

Come in and introduce yourself!
MariAnnC
New User
B190 Year: 1994

Newbie B190 owner

Post by MariAnnC »

Hi!
Just beginning this new journey & have plenty to learn with our 1994 van.
I have a few questions...
1- We have the owners handbook but was wondering if there are any visual diagrams out there of the vans inner & outer workings? Would be soooo helpful!
2- Looking for some misc parts, exterior stove vent, shore power access cap, exterior bath vent cover( on roof). Doesn’t have to be original or new but functional.
Having a tough time finding on line..If you know of any good sites or an honest RV repair shop near Dutchess County in NY..please let me know.
3- Lastly, Any tips on repairing a leak or leaks to the (most likely) window seals surrounding the upper bunk?

So grateful that you guys exist & truly appreciate any help offered! 😃
Enjoy the day, Mari Ann
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Newbie B190 owner

Post by skater »

1. I've planned to do some videos but I haven't gotten around to it!

2. The stove vent is a headache. There are some options, but it depends on which yours has (I can't remember what '94s have off the top of my head). Using google with something like "site:b190.com stove vent" should show several results.

3. The windows are an interesting case. Before you do anything else, clean out the drip gutters at the bottom of the windows and make sure they can drain. The design of the windows is that they get water in the bottom of them, but if the drains don't let the water out, it'll go inside the B190. That's usually the problem. The seal can leak, too, but it's usually the drains. It's not a great design, and Airstream used windows that are supposed to be installed vertically only, which these aren't.

You can replace the rubber surrounds (and I'm working on it on mine), but them being old and dried out isn't really the problem. I'm sure they shed some water, but some is still going to get into those gutters.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Millennial Falcon
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

Re: Newbie B190 owner

Post by Millennial Falcon »

MariAnnC wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:15 am
Looking for some misc parts, exterior stove vent, shore power access cap, exterior bath vent cover( on roof). Doesn’t have to be original or new but functional.
For my 1994, this was a direct drop-in replacement for the shower exhaust cover: Ventline BVA050203 Vent Lid. It. should work for you as well. It's an easy install, two hand-tightened phillips head screws. 2 minute install.