New to the site

Come in and introduce yourself!
BrockK
New User
B190 Year: 1993

New to the site

Post by BrockK »

I have a 1993 Airstream 190b. My most pressing need is a new bedroom window and the rubber gasket and any other rubber pieces to replace it.
Hit a hotel awning at 2 miles per hour. Just enough to crash the bedroom window above the hood.
Also need to go through all the electric and replace Captain's Chairs and other upholstery. It does run great.
I'm in NE Tennessee Bristol area. Looking for anyone who knows where I can get some parts.
Thanks,
Brock
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: New to the site

Post by skater »

Hello! You originally posted this in the B190 database thread, so I moved it here.

There are a few categories of parts - at least, this is how I think of it:
  • Chassis parts - engine, drivetrain, and so on. This is the bare van supplied by Ford. This is the usual auto parts store or places like Rockauto.
  • Generic RV parts - these are the things that are not specific to Airstream. The furnace, water heater, water pump, converter, etc. fall into this category. These are available from RV dealers, or online via Amazon, PPL Motorhomes, Camping World, etc.
  • Airstream specific parts - these are things that are unique to Airstream or the B190. Usually you have to go through an Airstream dealer to get these.
That last category can be the hardest, and the large front window in the bunk is one of them. But, any Airstream dealer should be able to get it for you. There are a few people that have had them replaced, including me, and prices seem to range up to about $750. (Mine was done ~15 years ago, so I wouldn't use mine as an example. But others have done it recently.)

The captains chairs are usually made by Flexsteel, and they're regular RV parts - nothing particularly special about the ones in our B190s.

Welcome to the site!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit