Newbie finally made an account

Come in and introduce yourself!
Nautilus
B190 Year: 1991

Newbie finally made an account

Post by Nautilus »

Hey there! my name's Ryon, I bought my 1991 B190 a few months ago, I've been lurking on the site since then, it's been a huge help getting to know the van a bit. Recently I decided to do a couple upgrades, mainly a new compressor type fridge and solar/battery system to run it and other accessories. I left Nauty (I've named her Roaming Land Submarine: The Nautilus, Nauty for short) parked over the winter at my brothers house, as I drove out of the his driveway GALLONS of water that had been slowly pooling up underneath the bunk bed dumped out into the cabin. Started to take somethings apart and found some rot and mold. SO since then I have started to disassemble the interior and decided to do a full renovation! Hopefully have it finished up in the next couple months so I can get out on the road this summer.

All the pictures I have are on my phone, so as soon as I transfer them onto the laptop I'll start to post some pictures!

Excited to be here!

Follow me over on Instagram if you'd like @nauty4nature
Ryon Downs
@Nauty4Nature on IG
The Nautilus: Roaming Land Submarine
1991 B190, 39k miles, gunmetal grey
2007 Yamaha WR250F
2008 Lifted Subaru Legacy GT
CollinCools

Re: Newbie finally made an account

Post by CollinCools »

I'm also doing a full reno. I have nearly everything out (have 97 style) not going to mess with the wet bath. It's a ton of work. Take a ton of pics for reference. Can't take enough pictures I think.
Nautilus
B190 Year: 1991

Post by Nautilus »

CollinCools wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:53 pm
I'm also doing a full reno. I have nearly everything out (have 97 style) not going to mess with the wet bath. It's a ton of work. Take a ton of pics for reference. Can't take enough pictures I think.
I plan on doing the bath area in mine. I want to make the entire area into a wet room/gear storage area. Tear out the closet and tub, probably end up replacing the toilet with a portable option, put it where the tub is and have the shower pan drain into the black water tank. We'll see what happens when I get there. Right now the living space is my main priority, the bathroom will probably come last.

I agree, can never take to many pics!
Ryon Downs
@Nauty4Nature on IG
The Nautilus: Roaming Land Submarine
1991 B190, 39k miles, gunmetal grey
2007 Yamaha WR250F
2008 Lifted Subaru Legacy GT
Harper
B190 Year: 1992

Post by Harper »

Thats exactly my plan as well. Shower in the middle, cassette toilet in the corner, no closet. No side walls. Bigger sink. Looking forward to your progress. I hit you up on IG. My van build is @my.omni.life and .y personal profile is @aniharper

Cheers,