New B190, but an experienced Airstreamer

Come in and introduce yourself!
Tbrasse
B190 Year: 1995

New B190, but an experienced Airstreamer

Post by Tbrasse »

Hello,
Buying a 1995 B190 out of Alabama that isn't running. I have had an Airstream trailer for years and had a bunch of adventures with it. I am trying to find a trailer big enough to winch it on and haul it back to me in Charlotte, but nobody rents one that big. Hopefully I can figure that out and go get it this weekend or I will have to pay someone to get it running local and put tires on it just to get it back here, which would suck.
Mine has had a water leak over the bunk, which is an easy fix if it hasn't rotted the internal wood in the fiberglass (built like a boat) and it is missing a bunch of headliner in that area. The mattresses are gone as is the couch. I want to find an original couch to re-install and re-foam/cover.
I'll be bringing this one back from the dead and have some other big plans for upgrades if all goes well.
It is a cool platform and I am excited to get going on it.
Thanks for having me.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: New B190, but an experienced Airstreamer

Post by skater »

Welcome to the site!

The other thing with towing it - I looked into it when we bought ours back - is that on the trailer, it'll be 10' plus the height of the trailer, so a total of, say 12'? You really have to remember to watch low bridges, etc., at that point. I was able to drive mine home, although we were only going 15 miles or something. It barely ran again for a few years until I rebuilt the fuel system.

I'm in the middle of that same ceiling fix, unfortunately. Along with a few others. :(
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit