Hi Everyone!

Come in and introduce yourself!
LuckyLuther
B190 Year: 1991

Hi Everyone!

Post by LuckyLuther »

I've been lurking in this forum for awhile, waiting until I got my B190 started. Maybe a few of you remember the 1991 B190 on Craigslist last year. It had a diesel motor that wouldn 't start. Anyway I bought it after consulting with my mechanic who is a master with the 7.3L IDI, he guaranteed me he could analyze the problem and get it started. The only thing that has taken time was my mechanics availability and ordering the part. Anyway, it took my mechanic about 3hrs to diagnose problem and replace a small solenoid that controls fuel flow at start up, the entire thing cost me $250 plus $144 for the part. Finally he got it started this week and I've been driving it around and getting familiar with the van. It runs great, the trans shifts fine and the brakes work good. The only thing thats needs attention immediately is getting the suspension system dialed in with new shocks,u-joints, tie rod ends etc. Also don't think it has a sway bar so that is a definite must. I paid $12,000 for it and I'm feeling pretty good about that price right now.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by skater »

Congratulations! That's good luck. Have fun with the rare diesel!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit