Greetings

Come in and introduce yourself!
reday
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995
WBCCI: 0

Greetings

Post by reday »

I've been a reader for a while and will be making a decision this next week on adding a B190 to the Airstream stable next week. I currently have a 2003 30' LY MH and I am considering a 1995 B190 that I have located. Although the milage is high, I feel like I am getting a good deal. If it goes through, the 190 will be a "project" and a toe in the water to see if I am comfortable in downsizing again after having 30' to roam around in. At some point I will put one, the other, or both up for sale/trade and move on... at least until I get restless again. I'm sure that once I get it I will have questions for the group. I will go ahead and throw this one out. The computer board problems that I have read about seemed to be confined to the 1994 models. Is that the case? Any history with the 1995's?

Thanks,

Ralph
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

For the computer problem, every one I've heard of has been a '94. There are plenty of '93s and '95s roaming around out there (production numbers) and no one has reported a similar problem with them. That doesn't mean it can't happen, though.

I'm sure the smaller size will take getting used to. My parents have a 34' trailer that I've been in many times, but the first time I was inside it after getting my B-van, I said, "It's like a mansion in here!" But I've taken my camper on several week-plus-long trips and haven't ever felt like it was too small.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit