New from Colorado...

Come in and introduce yourself!
Keystone
Seasoned Traveler
B190 Year: 1994

New from Colorado...

Post by Keystone »

...with a familiar van. We bought our 1994 (the "Beast" on this site's gallery) in late November. As life-long backpackers, skiers, and mountain-bikers, we are very new to the world of the homey comforts of the B190, but looking forward to everything it offers to make trips more fun (and luxurious). The 4x4 conversion on our van by the previous owner has already made it a sure-footed vehicle in which to overnight at remote ski resorts, allowing us to wake up in the parking lot to a great ski day. But we have yet to use the plumbing or fridge (sub-zero temps!), so there's a lot yet to learn. We just did finally figure out how to swivel the front seat! Our heater has some of the same issues as many here and we are grateful to have this terrific resource to mine for troubleshooting advice. I'm looking for ways to extend our autonomy, so would love advice on that. I am replacing most of the lights with l.e.d. lamps to save energy, and will likely add solar this summer. Planning lots of trips this spring and summer, and hope to be able to contribute something helpful to others here along the way. Thanks, and happy trails!
-Keystone
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Welcome Keystone.....thats a neat looking rig

Looks like an Alaskan rig to me.. !

Last edited by Alaskan on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Welcome to the site!
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit