Newbies: Please read

Come in and introduce yourself!
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Newbies: Please read

Post by skater »

Welcome to the B190 Enthusiasts! Please post a message and introduce yourself.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, though you can find answers to some questions in the FAQ. Also, the Basic Questions forum has several threads with reference information.

If you are having a problem with the site, please post a message in the Website/Forum issues forum.

Thanks!
Glitzymitzy
New User

Post by Glitzymitzy »

I'm definately a newbie :D --just bought my 95 BVan before Christmas already winterized since I live in Colorado and am just waiting for the lakes to thaw and for it to get safe to unwinterize it and GO! I'm a single gal that loves fly fishing and just got a 9' pontoon boat to pull behind it on a trailer I made from a kit. Really like the idea of this site--I've enjoyed just monitoring the post from the previous location and learned a lot. Have a friend who has a 93 BVan who sold me on the idea of Bvans--will have to tell her about this site.
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Welcome Glitzymitzy....tell us about your rig.

If you have pictures to share, create yourself an album and put some pictures in there, please...

I see you've already put yourself on the Member Map...thanks

And yes...tell your friend with the Bvan where to find us...

Dave...
MoJo
B190 Year: 1990

Hello

Post by MoJo »

Hello fellow proud B190 owners. Just registered for the site and wanted to say hello, especially since I'll probably continue making a lot of use of this great site. I recently purchased a 1990 B190 (1989 chassis) in relatively wonderful condition. It has a 460cu in 7.5L V8. The van's already performed wonderfully going from Pa to TN and back for a music festival. So far I've installed a new marine battery for the coach, and put in a new cheap radio that'll connect to my iPod, since the original was on the fritz. There's a lot of work and modifications I plan on making to my van so you'll be seeing more of me, but wanted to say hello.

Good camping all,

Josh
skater
Site Admin

Re: Hello

Post by skater »

MoJo wrote:Hello fellow proud B190 owners. Just registered for the site and wanted to say hello, especially since I'll probably continue making a lot of use of this great site. I recently purchased a 1990 B190 (1989 chassis) in relatively wonderful condition. It has a 460cu in 7.5L V8. The van's already performed wonderfully going from Pa to TN and back for a music festival. So far I've installed a new marine battery for the coach, and put in a new cheap radio that'll connect to my iPod, since the original was on the fritz. There's a lot of work and modifications I plan on making to my van so you'll be seeing more of me, but wanted to say hello.

Good camping all,

Josh
Welcome, Josh! Where in PA are you? I live in Bowie, MD, just south of Baltimore, but I was born in York and lived in a couple other places in Pennsylvania.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
rubyslippers6232
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1996

Post by rubyslippers6232 »

Hello there, we are in Central Jersey, so not too far from you. Heading up to the Poconos this weekend for our first real camping trip in the Airstream. I can't wait to utilize the van the way it's meant to be used! Sitting under the awning, drinking our beverage of choice, campfire not too far away (and not too close either!)...my idea of heaven!
Campfiredan
Weekend Camper

Hi from New Member

Post by Campfiredan »

Hi all. I have a 1990 190 and like it just fine for trips, long or short. It is getting a bit old and needs a paint job but it seems to be holding up pretty good. I had to replace the fridge and the power converter and had to move the battery from under the hood (where the previous owner let it spill acid which ate through the wheel well) to the cabin area under the stove. It now has two ventless Optima batteries under there which are great! Just wanted to say Hi to all of you.
MagicBus
New User

Hello....

Post by MagicBus »

Hello everyone and thank you for allowing me to join. In short, I do not own a B190, but in the market to purchase so have been searching the internet high & low for classifieds and reading up as much as I can about them.

I am currently looking at a 1994 (460) with 30,000 miles. It is in excellent shape other than the fact that it was originally purchased without a generator, does not have the rear tire case (slight dent in door behind the tire reveals to me that it probably was cracked or broke) - however, very small push-in and does not affect door operation. A few small curtain/seat stains. Other than that, it looks and runs great. What would one expect to pay/offer? And, what else should I ask or be looking for? Thanks so much.
sparky
Weekend Camper
B190 Year: 1995

Post by sparky »

We just purchased a 1995 B190 last summer with 68k on it for 11,500 with a generator and every thing works. I would say very good condition. Front seats were in rough shape.
reday
Weekend Camper

Congrats...

Post by reday »

Just got a 95 w/135,000 mi. Working through the "issues". Spent a ton this week on tires, shocks brakes, etc. Upholstery is good since PO had recently replaced all and added new curtains. Tearing out the carpet from driving area back. Hope that gets rid of the combination doggy/mouse smell! Now if I can just get the ginny started and the transmission holds up!

Best of luck with yours.
Ralph & Margie Day<div>Lizzy the Borderline Collie</div><div>Old Hickory, TN</div><div>Between 'streams...</div><div><div></div>
Edwin
New User

A surprised new owner

Post by Edwin »

We’re ‘accidental’ owners of a 1990 190, 74,000 miles. My wife spotted it for sale on ebay and the rv dealer was 10 miles from home so picked it up yesterday. No idea we were acquiring a treasure. First clue was talking to the big AirStream dealer in Lakewood, NJ who was very interested, having never seen a 190, second clue was finding this website.

Will be taking it to the mechanic (for the 'truck' part) and having an RV person look at it next few days to see what the surprises are. The first surprise was on the way home from the dealer; discovering I had TWO gas tanks. 460 cu.in. engine, so should not have been surprised.

We look forward to taking it on the road. :-)
skater
Site Admin

Post by skater »

Congratulations on your purchase! Welcome to the site. :)

The two gas tanks are standard on those years - didn't matter which engine. The front is 15 gallons, and the rear is 22 gallons - which I've checked by running them dry (avoid doing this). My brother has a '92 Ford pickup with the same gas tank setup, and we both switch between tanks on the fly without any problems.

FYI, in mine, the generator pulls from the front tank ONLY, even if I'm running the rear tank.
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
meistrell
B190 Year: 1993

Excited Newbie

Post by meistrell »

Hi. Hope I'm posting this in the right place! Just bought a 1993 B190 with 56,000 miles on it. It seems to be in great shape although it has been sitting unused for a number of years. The only real problem I have found so far is that the 12 volt system is not working in the coach unless it is plugged into shore power. The battery has been checked and is fine - it's a new one. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Planck
Seasoned Traveler

Re: Newbies: Please read

Post by Planck »

Check out the electrical section in the index. Lots of posts there that should be of help.
rbdb1995

Re: Newbies: Please read

Post by rbdb1995 »

Hey guys we are newbies also. We just got a 1995 with 59,000 miles. Has a few problems: generator not starting (it does not do anything when I press the start button). The tank monitor panel is not working. We took it out last week and everything else worked fine. The van sat up for a year or so, we had the injectors cleaned and all the fluids changed. It runs really well and shifts very smoothly. Looking forward to getting everything operating, but budget calls for doing a little at a time. Any advice would be helpful.