Hello from Central California

Come in and introduce yourself!
Rucorosa

Hello from Central California

Post by Rucorosa »

A couple of weeks ago I ran across an ad on Craigslist for a '95 B190 about 45 min away in Carpinteria.

I loaded up the family to take the drive out to take a look.

We drove back home and discussed whether we should buy or not- it was the right price and very clean. A little more miles than I would have liked but it was owned by a mechanical engineer for most of its life and then purchased about 1.5 years ago by a woman that used it twice. The original owner kept very meticulous records of all work done from mile one.

I took the train back to Carpinteria and did the deal the next day. So far I've taken it on 2 trips and I am very pleased with the purchase.

I'm still discovering little mod's everywhere that the original owner put in - it's hard to tell what's from the factory and what's a mod at this point.

I took it up to Mammoth for a snowboarding trip with a friend and we kept nice and warm at around 71F while it was about 28F outside. We stayed at an RV park with electrical hookups which is good because I had to turn off the furnace when I smelled propane in the cabin. But a small electric heater did and some Reflectix in the windows did the job.

Anyways - I'm thankful for this site and looking forward to many more good trips to come.
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Sounds like fun. Glad you're enjoying your van! :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit
Blair
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Blair »

Ruben,

Congratulations.

Blair