Greetings and salutations from Oregon...

Come in and introduce yourself!
rocr7
B190 Year: 1994
WBCCI: 0

Greetings and salutations from Oregon...

Post by rocr7 »

I just purchased the white 94 B190 that was listed on ebay. I'm flying out to Austin on Thursday to pick it up. I do some volunteer work at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio on a regular basis, so I plan on staying in the van for a week in SA which I hope will get me through the learning curve. After that I will be driving it back to Bend Oregon. I'm toying with the idea of converting it to a 4X4 so I can get into some dicier spots in the winter, but just starting to do a bit of homework to see if it's feasible. I'm a total newbie to anything RV, but decided on a class B as I want to hit some state and national parks along with several campgrounds. Also hoping to get some fishing in this year and make a trip to AK sometime this summer. I chose the B190 as they appear to be the best built of the older class B's, they seem to hold their value as they age, and I can't afford to pay $100k for a new class B. I've been combing this site for a couple of days and have picked up some good information. However, any additional hints or tips anyone might offer would certainly be welcome.

Thanks...

...rich
Blair
Seasoned Traveler

Post by Blair »

Rich,

congrats on your purchase.

hope your delivery goes well.

4x4 is definitely doable. check the photo gallery section.

blair
Denco
Weekend Camper

Re: Greetings and salutations from Oregon...

Post by Denco »

rocr7 wrote:I just purchased the white 94 B190 that was listed on ebay. I'm flying out to Austin on Thursday to pick it up. I do some volunteer work at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio on a regular basis, so I plan on staying in the van for a week in SA which I hope will get me through the learning curve. After that I will be driving it back to Bend Oregon. I'm toying with the idea of converting it to a 4X4 so I can get into some dicier spots in the winter, but just starting to do a bit of homework to see if it's feasible. I'm a total newbie to anything RV, but decided on a class B as I want to hit some state and national parks along with several campgrounds. Also hoping to get some fishing in this year and make a trip to AK sometime this summer. I chose the B190 as they appear to be the best built of the older class B's, they seem to hold their value as they age, and I can't afford to pay $100k for a new class B. I've been combing this site for a couple of days and have picked up some good information. However, any additional hints or tips anyone might offer would certainly be welcome.

Thanks...

...rich
Awesome, I spoke to Andy I believe was his name on that van. It is very nice and you are going to have a blast with it. We as well just bought one up in Anacortes Washington (we wanted a silver one) last week or so. They are the ultimate RV's. I did a bit of reasearch on the 4x4 conversion. It's plus with a with a few downsides. But very doable and if it's what you want then go for it. I have talked to a few folks that did it.

We could not be happier.
Congrats Denco
Alaskan
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1999
WBCCI: 0

Post by Alaskan »

Rich....we have two members that have 4x4 conversions on their B190 rigs.

The brown rig in the Gallery is Clint from Oak Harbor Washington...he'd probably be willing to give ya some pointers.

We may have lost track of the other member, also in the Gallery...I'll take a look at that

BTW....welcome to B190.com

Dave..