Hola from Mazatlan, Mexico

Come in and introduce yourself!
Second Sail
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 0

Post by Second Sail »

As a new owner of a 1991 B190, I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the info I have gained on this site. We bought our moderately used 106K unit in Nacadoches, Texas and proceeded to put 4,000 miles on it, driving it first to Arkansas and then California on the way to Mazatlan. (quite a shakedown cruise) She runs out beautifully and besides some "issues" we're happy with what we have. I immediately replaced the old converter/charger after getting new batteries, had the trans and rear end flushed, new shocks, alignment, painted the roof and a few other things like new hoses and belts. I've yet to tackle the "over cooling" of the refer and have the new furnace and bathroom fans I'll install in a week or so. I'm also getting a new a/c compressor, drier, valve etc. here in Mazatlan before a trip we are starting in a week. (only $300.00 here for parts and labor) It cools like crazy but seems a bit on the noisy side after it warms up clicking off and on. Just getting a bit old I'd say. We're heading East to Florida and then North to Maine and gosh knows where we'll hit inland on the way back to Austin, Texas before coming back to our home here for the summer rainy season. (or we run out of money at the current and increasing price of fuel at 10 MPG.) Anyway, just wanted to sign on for the first time and I'll post some photos and other blurbs as we go along. Adios mi amigos
skater
Site Admin
B190 Year: 1991
WBCCI: 13270

Post by skater »

Welcome! I'm pretty sure you are our first member from Mexico! Sounds like you enjoy your van a lot. :)
1991 Airstream B190 - bought, 2005; sold, 2011; bought 2017
1995 Airstream Excella 30' trailer

WBCCI #13270, Washington, DC Unit